Developers Ovosonico have made their evocative indie game, Last Day of June, available for free until Independence Day Last Day of June is a beautiful game rendered in a vivid, autumn-coloured palette. The player takes on the role of Carl who looses his love interest, but gains the power to travel back in time. Naturally, Carl goes back to the past where he hopes change things around so that the events leading to his girlfriend’s death never take place.
Join Carl and June on what begins as a magical outing to their favorite spot, and try to unlock the sequence of events that could save the day – and June’s life – in this cinematic experience that will compel you to ask yourself: “What would I do to save the one I love?”
+ Polygon (US): 8.5/10
+ EuroGamer (UK): RECOMMENDED
+ Jeauxactu (FR): 8.5/10
+ IGN (ES): 84/100
+ Multiplayer (IT): 8.5/10
Last Day of June is an interactive tale about love and loss, from an all-star team of creators – including critically acclaimed director Massimo Guarini (Murasaki Baby, Shadows of the Damned) & award-winning musician and record producer Steven Wilson, and featuring a collaboration with writer/director/animator Jess Cope (animator on “Frankenweenie”, director for Metallica’s “Here Comes Revenge” music video).
- A HEART-DRIVEN QUEST: Last Day of June is inspired by Steven Wilson’s haunting song “Drive Home.” Recreated as an interactive adventure, Last Day of June takes players on a profound and poignant journey.
- POETRY IN MOTION: A true artistic innovation in visualizing a bittersweet story told through a welcoming, painterly world that showcases the beauty of life and love, but also the contradictions of loss.
- EMPATHY THROUGH EXPERIENCE: Determined to save his beloved and fueled by the power of grief, Carl introduces players to June’s last day. But as they interact with the narrative, players will progress from viewer to a character deeply intertwined in the story.
- FATE-ALTERING PUZZLES: Relive June’s last day by traveling back in time through her paintings in an attempt to change the results of the fateful and final drive home by solving emotionally challenging puzzles.
- INTERACTIVE STORYTELLING: Carl and June’s story progresses at key moments where life-changing decisions need to be made, but players may need to navigate unintentional consequences that create new dilemmas – and potentially new opportunities.
- The Wreckfest February Update is out now on all platforms - February 27, 2020
- Pokémon Masters Celebrates Six Months Since Launch with Major Update, Including Red & Charizard - February 27, 2020
- Mobilize Your Squadron! - February 27, 2020