PROJECT TRIDENT 19.06 This is a significant package update for the repository, not just for applications, but also for some of the base system packages. There are a lot of changes from upstream FreeBSD and TrueOS in this release, from additional “-bootstrap” base packages to the renaming of the “zol” flavor of base packages to “nozfs”, as the “zol” version of the ZFS packages was also renamed to “openzfs”. In addition to this, a ton of the default settings from upstream TrueOS were changed.
Project Trident is a rolling release operating system based on TrueOS. The project latest release,
We have tried to track down and re-enable every setting which Project Trident needed from TrueOS, but if you find some functional regression (particularly when it comes to which kernel modules are loaded by default), please let us know so that we can track that down and re-enable any additional settings as needed.
Because of the base package changes, there is one critical command that needs to be run before starting the update procedure to this version:
sudo pkg install -fy sysup. This will forcibly update the system update utility ahead of time so that it can help transition the system to the newer layout of the base packages. Failure to follow this step may result in system users, groups, and other configuration changes to get reverted back to FreeBSD defaults and prevent proper functionality of the post-update system. If you experience this, just roll back to the older boot environment and re-do the update (with the fix beforehand).
Notable Package Changes
- Browser Updates:
- chromium (www/chromium) : 73.0.3683.103_2 -> 75.0.3770.100
- firefox (www/firefox) : 67.0_1 -> 67.0.4
- firefox-esr (www/firefox-esr) : 60.6.3_1 -> 60.7.2
- iridium-browser (www/iridium) : 2018.5.67_10 -> 2019.04.73
- Graphics System Updates:
- gpu-firmware-kmod (graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod) : g20190219 -> g20190620
- drm-current-kmod (graphics/drm-current-kmod) : 4.16.g20190430 -> 4.16.g20190519
- Other Updates:
- virtualbox-ose (emulators/virtualbox-ose) : 5.2.28 -> 5.2.30
- PUBG MOBILE DELIVERS PIPING HOT REWARDS IN ROYALE PASS SEASON 14 - July 13, 2020
- World War II card game Kards is upping the ante with the Kards Open, a community tournament boasting $1,000 of rations to battle for! - July 13, 2020
- MAI INVESTIGATES LE CHOARA’S STRANGE DISAPPEARANCES IN DEATH END RE;QUEST 2 - July 13, 2020