Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of live service games, and Cryptic Studios announced Rise of Discovery is now available for Star Trek Online on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. The free-to-play MMORPG continues its mission to explore the Star Trek universe from within by releasing a new update based on the popular CBS television series, Star Trek: Discovery. Rise of Discovery invites players to join the ranks of the U.S.S. Buran, commanded by Starfleet Captain Gabriel Lorca (voiced by Jason Isaacs) and Commander Ellen Landry (voiced by Rekha Sharma). Captains will play through two incredibly moving featured episodes to uncover what happened to these characters before they beamed aboard the U.S.S. Discovery in the show’s first season. Console players will also discover a brand new reputation, fly premium ships that now scale to their character level and beginning July 2, unlock free rewards exclusively for PlayStation Plus and Xbox Gold members.
New Console Update Features Captain Lorca and Commander Landry from Star Trek: Discovery
Check out the launch trailer for Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery here :https://youtu.be/3XJoeDPkCs0
For nearly a decade, Star Trek Online has expanded on incredible stories that were introduced in some of the franchise’s most iconic TV shows, including The Original Series, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. This legacy continues with Star Trek: Discovery, as the game takes fans back to the show’s very first season to explore the relationship between Captain Gabriel Lorca and his trusted Chief of Security, Commander Ellen Landry. Rise of Discovery beams players aboard the U.S.S. Buran with Lorca and Landry, just one month after the Battle at the Binary Stars. Captains will answer an urgent distress call from the Starfleet vessel after it is ambushed by Klingon forces, who are searching for one of their own. This devastating attack forces Captain Lorca to crash land on a barren ice moon above Priors World, where his fate lies in the hands of Commander Landry and her remaining crew.
These events take place across brand new missions featured in Rise of Discovery. A full list of new content includes:
- Two New Featured Episodes – All of the game’s captainscan participate in two brand new playable episodes which take place in the Star Trek: Discovery universe.
- “The Plausibility of the Possible” – Players will rescue the U.S.S. Buran, led by Captain Gabriel Lorca and Commander Ellen Landry, after the Starfleet ship is attacked by Klingons.
- “Impossibility of Reason” – Star Trek Online captains will team up with Landry on an urgent mission to rescue Lorca from a desolate ice moon before he is apprehended by a Klingon search party.
- Star Trek: Discovery Characters – Rise of Discovery features original voice acting from Star Trek: Discovery’s very own Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter film series, The Patriot) as Captain Lorca and Rekha Sharma (Battlestar Galactica, Alien vs Predators: Requiem) as Commander Landry.
- New Reputation – Console captains can explore a new Tier 6 Reputation, “Discovery Legends,” which allows players to earn exciting new Discovery themed rewards. All of the Discovery Task Force Operations will now feature Advanced and Elite versions that have been converted to support this new reputation and pay out Discovery Legend Marks.
In addition, level restrictions have been removed for Tier 6 starships across all of Star Trek Online’s platforms, including PC, Xbox One and PlayStation®4.
This means that all of the game’s vessels now scale to individual character level, giving players the chance to fly premiums ships that were previously only available to those who had reached a certain level in the game.
From July 2nd through October 13, PlayStation Plus and Xbox Gold members will be able to unlock free rewards for Star Trek Online! The reward packs on each console include a color-variant Tardigrade Combat Pet, a color-variant Assault Drone Vanity Pet and three Master Keys.
This summer, the Star Trek Online team is headed to Star Trek Las Vegas and Star Trek Night with the San Francisco Giants!
- Star Trek Las Vegas 2019 – This August, the developers from Cryptic Studios will be at the country’s largest Star Trek convention to host an exclusive panel, giving attendees a first look at the game’s next major update. STO players can also join the dev team for a very special Meet & Greet, where they can pick up codes for this year’s convention-exclusive holographic bridge officers for PC. Stay tuned to STO’s blog for more details.
- Star Trek Night - On August 26, fans can join the dev team at Oracle Park for Star Trek Night with the SF Giants. Those who purchase a special event ticket will receive a Star Trek messenger bag, plus a chance meet the Star Trek Online dev team and score holographic bridge officers. VIP ticket holders will also receive a Picard Bobblehead and the opportunity to take a photo in STO’s life size Captain’s Chair. Additional details are available on the SF Giants’ website.
Catch up on the thrilling second season of Star Trek: Discovery on CBS All Access (https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/)
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game that allows players to explore the Star Trek universe from within. Players can forge their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy as a Klingon Warrior, rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird or carry out daring missions on behalf of the Dominion as a Jem’Hadar soldier. Captains can also explore iconic locations from the Star Trek universe, make contact with new alien species and battle alongside other players in customizable starships. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit www.playstartrekonline.com.
Star Trek Online is licensed by CBS Consumer Products.
® & © 2019 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Perfect World Entertainment is a leading online publisher of live service games in North America and Europe. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment is known for creating and publishing titles based on well-known global entertainment franchises, such as Star Trek and Dungeons & Dragons. The company’s popular live service MMO games, including Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and PWI, have cumulatively grossed over $500M in their lifetimes. Perfect World Entertainment also partners with indie development studios, including Unknown Worlds, developer of Subnautica, and Runic Games, creators of the Torchlight series, to help bring their games to market on a global scale. Perfect World Entertainment is a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, and is headquartered in Redwood City, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com.
ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS, INC.
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of online games committed to delivering the next level of gameplay. Cryptic Studios, Inc. develops AAA titles for PC and is rapidly diversifying its portfolio of games to expand beyond the traditional MMORPG genre. Its successfully launched titles include Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter. Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, is located in Los Gatos, CA.
ABOUT STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY follows the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new life forms, and one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly understand all things alien, you must first understand yourself. The series features a new ship and new characters while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers.The first season is now available on CBS All Access, CBS Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service, and is distributed concurrently by CBS Studios International on Netflix in 188 countries and in Canada on Bell Media’s Space channel and OTT service CraveTV. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios, Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment.
ABOUT CBS ALL ACCESS
CBS All Access is CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. CBS All Access gives subscribers the ability to watch more than 10,000 episodes on demand – spanning exclusive original series, CBS Television Network’s primetime, daytime and late-night shows, plus classic TV hits – as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. CBS All Access’ original series include THE GOOD FIGHT, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, STRANGE ANGEL, TELL ME A STORY and NO ACTIVITY, as well as upcoming series INTERROGATION, WHY WOMEN KILL and THE STAND. CBS All Access is also the exclusive domestic home to STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS and a new untitled “Star Trek” series featuring Sir Patrick Stewart. CBS All Access also includes the ability to stream CBS Interactive’s other live channels, CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- MINImax Tinyverse How to play: Gliptos Charger - September 22, 2019
- PROROGUE NATION: BEHOLDER 2 HAS AN EYE ON A PLAYSTATION 4 RELEASE - September 22, 2019
- Announcing Dragon Audit – a Comedic 3D PC/Console Adventure Inspired by Point & Click Classics - September 22, 2019