Raz Games’Boxing Champs is now on the Nintendo Switch! Originally released on Steam, the game deftly mixes top-down arcade gameplay with more traditional boxing mechanics – delivering some solid Punch-Out!!-inspired boxing action to Nintendo Switch owners playing on their own or with a friend.
Boxing Champs features full player control over punch selection, combinations, and knockouts.
The game also allows players to challenge friends in local multiplayer (online is in the works) or in a full-blown Career mode with 30 preset characters and short three-round bouts. Custom boxers are supported as well – thanks to a robust customization system packed with 70+ hairstyles, hair color, body color, body type, gloves, shorts, and boxer stats. Finally, Boxing Champs features multiple arenas (including Las Vegas, New York, and Los Angeles) and four different champions that stand between players and the unified title.
To win, boxers need to snap the jab from the outside and throw combinations – or get inside with hooks and uppercuts to deliver the winning blow. At the end of the road, the goal is to unify the titles and become the undisputed World Champion.
“Like most of us who grew up in the ‘80s with an NES, I always dreamed of becoming a game developer,” says Chris Razmovski, founder of Raz Games.
“It won’t come as a surprise that Nintendo’s Punch-Out!! was my first boxing game as a young boy. I now get to return the favor with Boxing Champs!”
- Boxer customization: Choose from 30 preset boxers, or create your own – with 70+ hairstyles, hair color, body color, body type, gloves, shorts, and boxer stats.
- Four champions to defeat: Win all four belts and unify the title!
- Full punch control: Use a traditional button-driven control scheme or feel every punch as you move the analog stick in the direction you want to hit!
- Multiple arenas: Fight in Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles, the Downtown Gym – or the Boxing Champs Arena.
- Career mode: Create your boxer, train, and move up in the world rankings.
- Single-player and multiplayer: Take on the AI or challenge friends for all the title belts. (Online multiplayer coming soon!)
- Cartoon-like graphics and sound: Nostalgic without having to resort to pixel art 🙂
More than just a boxing game, Boxing Champs mixes fast and fun top down arcade graphics and animations and mixes it with simulated game-play to give the real feel of boxing. Feel every punch with full punch control using the twin sticks. Start swinging away and challenge friends in multiplayer, or make history by moving up the ranks in career mode to become the undisputed world champion. Snap the jab from the outside, and throw combinations, or get inside and brawl away with hooks and uppercuts. Capture the spirit of boxing and knock it out of the ring.
Single player or multiplayer, take on the AI or challenge friends for all the title belts. Fight in Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles, the Downtown Gym or the Boxing Champs Arena.
Create a Boxer
Create your very own boxers, with over 70 hairstyles, change hair color, body color, body type, gloves, shorts and boxer stats. The possibilities are endless! There is 30 Boxers pre included in the roster.
Create your fighter, and with your trainer, move up the world rankings, There is 4 different champions, Clean the mess up and win all 4 belts to unify the titles.
Full Punch Control
Use the twin sticks to move and punch with these intuitive controls for a boxing game, feel every punch as you move the stick in the direction you want to punch, with vibration giving that extra feel when you land. For those who prefer buttons you can also use the buttons to punch.
Pricing & Availability
Boxing Champs can now be purchased on the Nintendo eShop for $14.50. The game is also available on Steam.
Screenshots & Logos
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/razmobiapps
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/razmobiapps
IndieDB - https://www.indiedb.com/members/razmobi
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChOpacDN7liQP7wV5O2SUEQ
About Raz Games
Founded in Sydney, Australia in 2012 by Chris Razmovski, Raz Games is an experienced indie studio with several high-quality titles under its belt. With a large mobile portfolio – highlighted by hits Monster Trucks Game for Kids 2 and Fun Kids Cars, Raz Games is now transitioning to PC and console development with Boxing Champs. To learn more about Raz Games and Boxing Champs, please visit http://razgames.com and http://www.boxingchampsgame.com.
- TEAM KIDS playing ROBLOX Ghost Simulator Live - July 7, 2020
- The Highly-Acclaimed Forced-Perspective Puzzle Game, SUPERLIMINAL, Is Now Available on Consoles! - July 7, 2020
- Wreckfest concludes it’s season finale with the eighth DLC, the Banger Racing Car Pack, coming to all platforms today - July 7, 2020