Porteus is mirthful to announce the immediate availability of Porteus-v5.0 final in SEVEN desktop flavours. This is the first version update since following Slackware-current and we will release the final once Slackware moves to version 15.
You can download the releases at any of our mirrors in the Porteus-v5.0 folder.
Porteus team has published a new release candidate for Porteus 5.0. The new development snapshot of this Slackware-based distribution is available in seven desktop flavours.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
The RC releases will only be provided for x86_64 architecture.
The language tool does not function in RC releases.
Please donate to our project to help continued development.
Neko is now generating the official kernel which you may also upgrade through his awesome kernel update tool.
The intel microcode is available directly from the server in the kernel folder. This is for people that would like to patch the intel processor debacle.
- Slackware updated the pkgtools package which moved all package info files to /var/lib/pkgtools/packages. A symlink was left at /var/log/packages
- Major version updates have been made to icu, glibc, gcc, mesa, xorg-server
- We have finally managed to completely replace python2 with python3 for all desktops. This means python2 is no longer in our default package list.
- pauth now acts as our authorizing agent in place of the various other graphical su applications.
- Meson and ninja are now in 05_devel
- All ISO files are now hybrid ISOs. This means you may also now use dd to write the ISO file directly to a removeable drive.
A special thanks goes to our core dev team: jssouza, fulalas, ncmprhnsbl and Blaze.Last edited by Blaze on 16 Jun 2019, 19:32, edited 2 times in total.
Reason:Who is disabled bbcode in this post?
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Don’t Die, Minerva! Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access Dates announced - November 22, 2019
- Dual Universe Aims for the Stars With an Updated Roadmap - November 22, 2019
- Sling Some Free Spells in Eternal’s Weekend Event! - November 22, 2019