Kwort is a modern and fast Linux distribution that combines powerful and useful applications in order to create a simple system for advanced users who finds a strong and effective desktop. Kwort is based on CRUX, so it's robust, clean and easy to extend.
Really nice release this time We included pulseaudio which is now very stable (last stable relase is from almost a year old) and it has been working very well, including with bluez5 (which by the first time has also been included in this new release).
So let's jump now to the technical highlights of this Kwort 4.3.4 release:
- Linux kernel 4.19.46 (sorry folks, there's no longterm relase of 5.x branch yet).
- New toolchain including: glibc 2.28, gcc 8.3.0 and binutils 2.32.
- kpkg 130.
- Latest browsers including: Google Chrome: 75.0.3770.90 and Mozilla Firefox 67.0.2. Brave 0.68.50 is available in the mirror.
- Kwort-choosers package has been replaced with kwort-tools including the old browser and custom xdg-open and the new kwort-mixer to support both sound backends (alsa and pulseaudio). There's documentation on how to configure these tools here.
- New UI shortcuts are now fully documented here.
- We found a good graphical music player called Museeks which is now included in the system.
As usual, I would like to thank the people who helps making Kwort on every step they help:
- The infrastructure maintainers, PGHosting (this site and master server) and Ricardo Brisighelli for the package mirror at UNR.
- Andreas Schipplock who is our domain sponsor.
- Gonzalo Navarro for contributing extensively in Kwort 4.3.3 with packages. Best wishes on the new path, sir!
- Ctrl-C club for facilitating a packages mirror (KBD available here).
- The CRUX folks for developing it, as it's Kwort's base.
- And of course, the people who develop every project Kwort makes use of. THANK YOU!
As usual, If you want to join our mailing list, please do it at: http://groups.google.com/group/kwort-linux. IRC? Sure, at: irc://irc.oftc.net/Kwort
You can get the latest Kwort from here:
It's not common for us breaking the rules, but unfortunately to improve support for machines with multiples video cards we had to add libglvnd as an OS dependency (mainly required by mesa3d). So if you're running Kwort 4.3.3, please add this dependency by running:
kpkg update && kpkg install libglvnd.
Remember to always stay current with:
kpkg update && kpkg upgrade
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Don’t Die, Minerva! Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access Dates announced - November 22, 2019
- Dual Universe Aims for the Stars With an Updated Roadmap - November 22, 2019
- Sling Some Free Spells in Eternal’s Weekend Event! - November 22, 2019