Psyonix, San Diego video game developer, has announced Radical Summer, a brand new ‘80s themed in-game event for Rocket League! Beginning June 10, Radical Summer takes place over nine weeks and celebrates iconic movies, television, and culture from the 1980s, through the addition of limited-time game modes, new items, and two Premium DLC car packs: Ghostbusters and Knight Rider.
80s themed in-game event for Rocket League! Beginning June 10
The event will roll out in three different celebrations, with new content available during each phase. Like past in-game events, players can earn ‘Cassettes’ by playing Online Matches that can be redeemed for various items from beloved ‘80s franchises.
The three celebrations and overall content of Radical Summer are:
- '80s Blockbusters - June 10 to July 1
- The Blockbusters celebration kicks off Radical Summer with the launch of the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Car Pack on June 10. The pack will include the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Battle-Car, Ecto-1 Wheels, Proton Pack Boost, Slimer Topper, Ghostbusters Player Banner, Ghostbusters Avatar Border, and the Stay Puft Goal Explosion for $1.99 (or regional equivalent).
- The first limited-time game mode for Radical Summer is Ghost Hunt. In this spooky 3v3 mode players must fire a proton stream to capture the ball and carry it to the opposing team’s Containment Zone to score a goal.
- Additional ‘80s franchises featured in the Blockbusters phase — as in-game items in the Radical Summer Event Store — are Back to the Future, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, The Goonies and Karate Kid. Additional details on the landing page.
- '80s Culture - July 1 to July 22
- The action-packed Spike Rush Game Mode will start the Radical Summer Culture celebration on July 1. Spike Rush is a 3v3 mode where each player has the Spike power-up from Rumble Mode that can be activated to carry the ball up field.
- New in-game items highlighting the iconic culture of the ‘80s will be available in Radical Summer’s Event Store.
- '80s Television - July 22 to August 12
- The Knight Rider Car Pack kicks off the last celebration of Radical Summer dedicated to television. The pack will feature K.I.T.T., the high-speed, talking futuristic car outfitted with high-tech gadgets and personality of its own from the hit ‘80s show, alongside Knight Rider themed items. More information will be revealed later.
- Beach Ball Game Mode is the final limited-time game mode in Radical Summer. It is a 2v2 mode inspired by beach volleyball with a larger ball, low ball gravity and Curveball mutator activated.
- Additional ‘80s franchises featured in the Television phase as in-game items in the Radical Summer Event Store are DreamWorksVoltron Legendary Defender and WWE. Additional info to follow later this summer.
For more information about Radical Summer, check out the landing page HEREand the most recent blog post HERE
ABOUT ROCKET LEAGUE
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of our generation. Boasting a community of more than 58 million players, Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Windows PC, Mac, and SteamOS via Steam, Rocket League includes more than 500 trillion possible customization combinations, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely.
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed video game developer and leading experts in Unreal Engine technology. For more than 15 years, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League®.
© 2015-2019 Psyonix Inc. Rocket League, Psyonix, and all related marks and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Psyonix Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG, family-friendly programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 28 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Running & Shooting RPG ‘Valkyria Shooter’ is now available on Android - November 21, 2019
- NEW Europa Wager Expansion for Offworld Trading Company Now Available - November 21, 2019
- Deck of Ashes NEW SLY’S ARCHETYPE & NEW MONSTERS - November 21, 2019