Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes today released the Urban Warfare expansion for BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare, taking ‘Mech combat to the streets. Featuring vast cityscapes, electronic warfare systems, and new BattleMechs like the Raven, BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare is available now for $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.49 MSRP and is also available in the BATTLETECH Season Pass.
BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare cityscapes, electronic warfare systems
Check out the Urban Warfare launch trailer.
New street features, the return of forgotten technologies, challenging sight lines, collateral damage and maximum destruction await in Urban Warfare. Be wary of the hazards of city combat: explosions, floods and ECM are right around every corner!
- Urban Combat – Street brawls introduce new tactical gameplay challenges as ‘Mech combat moves from wide-open natural landscapes to vast urban sprawls. Every building in the new urban biome is fully destructible, so you’re never more than a few salvos away from a new line of sight, or the defensive cover of high-rise rubble. New hazards like destroyed coolant exchanger buildings and broken electrical transformers that disrupt targeting will drastically change the battle as you go.
- Electronic Warfare – The return of these lost technologies will forever change the 31st century battlefield. ‘Mechs equipped with Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) and nearby friendly units are obscured from enemy targeting systems, and immune to indirect fire. Meanwhile, ‘Mechs equipped with Active Probe can reveal, locate, and target enemy units that would otherwise be hidden.
- Two New BattleMechs – The experimental Raven 1X sports an advanced electronic warfare package combining ECM and Active Probe systems into a lightweight component. The Javelin is a compromise between speed and firepower, with close-range knockout power.
- New Flashpoints – A wide variety of new branching short stories that link together mercenary missions, crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and rare bonus rewards. The Flashpoints in Urban Warfare do not require the BATTLETECH: Flashpoint DLC to play.
- Three New Enemy Vehicles – The Gallant Urban Assault Tank sports a variety of weapons to fight at all ranges with speed and agility, the Packrat is a battlefield support vehicle equipped with a prototype version of ECM, and the Rotunda is a reconnaissance vehicle equipped with a prototype version of Active Probe.
- New Encounter – Attack and Defend is a challenging new mission type where your mercenaries must destroy an enemy’s base to stop a steady stream of attackers before they can overcome your forces and knock out your employer’s base.
From original BATTLETECH/MechWarrior creator Jordan Weisman and the developers of the award-winning Shadowrun Returns series comes the next-generation of turn-based tactical ‘Mech combat.
The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. Take command of your own mercenary outfit of ‘Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war. Upgrade your starfaring base of operations, negotiate mercenary contracts with feudal lords, repair and maintain your stable of aging BattleMechs, and execute devastating combat tactics to defeat your enemies on the battlefield.
COMMAND A SQUAD OF ‘MECHS IN TURN-BASED COMBAT
Deploy over 30 BattleMechs in a wide variety of combinations. Use terrain, positioning, weapon selection and special abilities to outmaneuver and outplay your opponents.
MANAGE YOUR MERCENARY COMPANY
Recruit, customize, and develop unique MechWarriors. Improve and customize your dropship. As a Mercenary, travel a wide stretch of space, taking missions and managing your reputation with a variety of noble houses and local factions.
TAKE PART IN A DESPERATE CIVIL WAR
Immerse yourself in the story of a violently deposed ruler, waging a brutal war to take back her throne with the support of your ragtag mercenary company.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ‘MECHS
Use your MechLab to maintain and upgrade your units, replacing damaged weapon systems with battlefield salvage taken from fallen foes.
PVP MULTIPLAYER & SKIRMISH MODE
Customize a Lance of ‘Mechs and MechWarriors to go head-to-head with your friends, compete against opponents online, or jump into single-player skirmish mode to test your strategies against the AI.
BATTLETECH and the Flashpoint DLC are available at a discount on Steam to celebrate the explosive launch of Urban Warfare, with the discount available until Friday, June 7, 2019 at 19:00 CEST (10:00AM PDT). See all sale prices and read more about Urban Warfare here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/