101ХР, a Russian publisher, presents a metroidvania called Red and The Deadly Sins, a debut project by Diantong, a Chinese indie studio. Inspired by Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy and deep philosophical concepts of Team Cherry’s metroidvania, Diantong’s developers created Red and The Deadly Sins.
metroidvania, Red and The Deadly Sins
This video game is a classic metroidvania, where the player gets to explore the world, jump on platforms, find secrets, develop their character and use a sword or a spear against their enemies. The player will face personifications of deadly sins and has to gain enough power to collect 12 memory fragments for each of the seven ancient ghosts to find out the truth behind them.
The protagonist of the game is called Ruby, and he is a regular fighter serving the Soul Cleansing Committee. His task is to free souls that were doomed by negative emotions. The Committee believes that these souls could destroy the world, if there are too many of them. To prevent this, the Committee hires many fighters just like Ruby.
The plot is not related to Chinese mythology. It is an interpretation of The Divine Comedy, or rather the hero making his way through the circles of Hell, where he meets souls, their sins, and emotions associated with them. Everything in this game, starting with the Red’s mask and traps in secret rooms to the final bosses of the game, has an existential subtext or a social commentary, that people around the globe can relate to.
Early access to Red and The Deadly Sins will be available on Steam in early May. Players will get access to the first three levels and three bosses.
Acute social subtext about life from the perspective of “Divine Comedy” – this is how the Red and the Deadly Sins is presented by indie-studio Diantong, that consists of two friends-co-founders. Under its uncomplicated design developers hide plenty of allusions about reality, and a journey of a faceless hero is telling another interpretation of Dante Alighieri’s masterpiece.
The interpretation of “The Divine Comedy” mixed with puzzles and allusions under the guise of a simple metroidvania – that’s the Red and the Deadly Sins. Help Red
Explore the underworld, inhabited by evil souls and save them. It is an order of Soul Purging Committee, and that’s what Red will do – an ordinary soldier without a name, face nor past. But even a usual man can clear the world from the Sins if he has enough determination and faith.
Leave your hope anyone who downloads the game:
- Minimalist design. Co-founders of Diantong believe the power of the statement is more important than vivid visual aspect;
- To overcome the Sin is simple, but to understand it’s essence – that’s the trial for the real explorers. Search for the memory shards, in order to know the truth about ancient spirits. To understand what Diantong wanted to say;
- Authentic soundtrack from an independent songwriter Lamark Kane;
- One book is seen differently in various cultures. Inspired by “Divine Comedy”, Diantong blended its vision of Dante’s journey and Chinese philosophy of life (by all means). Developers have put existential and social subtext in everything, from the mask of Red and traps to bosses and game ending.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- openSUSEReleases Leap 15.1 Version - May 22, 2019
- Ancestors Legacy expands with a brand new DLC called Saladin’s Conquest - May 22, 2019
- Hearthstone Rise of the Mech Event Coming June 3 with Card Buffs and More - May 22, 2019