Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery is now available on PC and will launch June 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation®4.
STAR TREK ONLINE, RISE OF DISCOVERY New Update Based on Star Trek: Discovery Launches Today on PC and June 25 on Consoles
The latest update to the free-to-play MMORPG based on the iconic Star Trek universe continues the game’s crossover with the critically acclaimed CBS television series, Star Trek: Discovery. Starting today, Star Trek Online players will have the opportunity to travel back in time and board the U.S.S. Buran, encountering Captain Gabriel Lorca (voiced by Jason Isaacs) and Commander Ellen Landry (voiced by Rekha Sharma) from the show. Captains can play through Rise of Discovery to uncover the startling chain of events that ultimately determined the fates of these compelling characters in the first season of Star Trek: Discovery. The update also introduces a brand new reputation and a system wide update that removes player level restrictions for all premium Tier 6 starships across PC, Xbox One and PlayStation®4.
Check out the launch for Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery here:https://youtu.be/3XJoeDPkCs0
In the first season of Star Trek: Discovery, fans were introduced to Captain Gabriel Lorca and his Chief of Security, Commander Ellen Landry. However, very little was revealed about their collective past and what led them to assume command of the legendary U.S.S. Discovery. These questions will be answered in Rise of Discovery, which takes players to the decks of the U.S.S. Buran with Lorca and Landry just one month after the Battle at the Binary Stars. The Federation starship is on a mission to transport Klingon prisoners to a secure facility when it becomes the target of an incursion led by J’Ula, the matriarch of House Mo’Kai. A devastating turn of events leaves Captain Lorca as the sole survivor of the attack. After crash landing on a barren ice moon above Priors World, he must rely onhis trusted commanding officer and Star Trek Onlineplayers to rescue him before he is apprehended by Klingon forces.
These events take place across brand new missions featured in Rise of Discovery. A full list of game features introduced with today’s update includes:
- Two New Featured Episodes – Captains hailing from every faction within Star Trek Online can participate in two brand new playable episodes which take place in the Star Trek: Discovery universe.
- “The Plausibility of the Possible” – Players come to the aid of the U.S.S. Buran, led by Captain Gabriel Lorca and Commander Ellen Landry, as the Starfleet ship engages in battle with Klingon forces led by J’Ula of House Mo’Kai.
- “Impossibility of Reason” – Star Trek Online players will answer an urgent distress call from the U.S.S. Buran that sends them on a dire mission with Landry to keep the ship’s captain alive on a frozen ice moon.
- Star Trek: Discovery Characters – Rise of Discovery features original voice acting from Star Trek: Discovery’s very own Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter film series, The Patriot) as Captain Lorca and Rekha Sharma(Battlestar Galactica, Alien vs Predators: Requiem) as Commander Landry.
- New Reputation – The game’s latest update introduces the new Tier 6 Reputation, “Discovery Legends,” which allows players to earn exciting new Discovery themed rewards. All of the Discovery Task Force Operations will now feature Advanced and Elite versions that have been converted to support this new reputation and pay out Discovery Legend Marks.
- T6 Starship Scaling – Starting today, level restrictions have been removed for Tier 6 starships across all of the game’s platforms, including PC, Xbox One and PlayStation®4. For the first time in Star Trek Onlinehistory, players will be able to fly premium ships which scale to their individual character level. Additional details can be found on the Star Trek Online blog.
The remainder of the content featured in Rise of Discovery will launch on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on June 25.
To celebrate the release of Rise of Discovery, Star Trek Online is teaming up withStar Trek: The Cruise and SteelSeries on an exclusive giveaway for Star Trekfans! From now through May 26, players can visit the Star Trek Onlineblog to enter to win a cabin for two aboard Star Trek: The Cruise IV, a seven-day Caribbean voyage across the Atlantic with Star Trek royalty including William Shatner (Star Trek: The Original Series), Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek: Voyager), Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Ethan Peck (Star Trek: Discovery) and more. The grand prize winner will also be granted every starship currently available in the C-Store of Star Trek Online on PC and a prize pack from SteelSeries.
Catch up on the thrilling second season of Star Trek: Discovery on CBS All Access (https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/)
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game that allows players to explore the Star Trek universe from within. Players can forge their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy as a Klingon Warrior, rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird or carry out daring missions on behalf of the Dominion as a Jem’Hadar soldier. Captains can also explore iconic locations from the Star Trek universe, make contact with new alien species and battle alongside other players in customizable starships. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visitwww.playstartrekonline.com.
Star Trek Online is licensed by CBS Consumer Products.
® & © 2019 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Perfect World Entertainment is a leading online publisher of live service games in North America and Europe. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment is known for creating and publishing titles based on well-known global entertainment franchises, such as Star Trek and Dungeons & Dragons.
The company’s popular live service MMO games, including Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and PWI, have cumulatively grossed over $500M in their lifetimes. Perfect World Entertainment also partners with indie development studios, including Unknown Worlds, developer of Subnautica, and Runic Games, creators of the Torchlight series, to help bring their games to market on a global scale. Perfect World Entertainment is a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, and is headquartered in Redwood City, California. For more information, please visit:www.perfectworld.com.
ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS, INC.
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of online games committed to delivering the next level of gameplay. Cryptic Studios, Inc. develops AAA titles for PC and is rapidly diversifying its portfolio of games to expand beyond the traditional MMORPG genre. Its successfully launched titles include Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter.Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, is located in Los Gatos, CA.
ABOUT STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY follows the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new life forms, and one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly understand all things alien, you must first understand yourself. The series features a new ship and new characters while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers.
The first season is now available on CBS All Access, CBS Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service, and is distributed concurrently by CBS Studios International on Netflix in 188 countries and in Canada on Bell Media’s Space channel and OTT service CraveTV. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios, Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment.
ABOUT CBS ALL ACCESS
CBS All Access is CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. CBS All Access gives subscribers the ability to watch more than 10,000 episodes on demand –
spanning exclusive original series, CBS Television Network’s primetime, daytime and late-night shows, plus classic TV hits –
as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. CBS All Access’ original series include THE GOOD FIGHT, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, STRANGE ANGEL, TELL ME A STORY and NO ACTIVITY, as well as upcoming series INTERROGATION, WHY WOMEN KILL and THE STAND. CBS All Access is also the exclusive domestic home to STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS and a new untitled “Star Trek” series featuring Sir Patrick Stewart.
CBS All Access also includes the ability to stream CBS Interactive’s other live channels, CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The service is currently available online at CBS.com, on mobile devices via the CBS app for iOS, Android and Windows 10, and on Roku Players, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TVs, Vizio Smartcast TVs and Amazon Channels. Versions of CBS All Access have now launched internationally in Canada and Australia (10 All Access), with unique but similar content and pricing plans. For more details on CBS All Access, please visithttps://www.cbs.com/all-access.
- Exos Heroes Celebrates the Upcoming Global Launch 1st Anniversary and Holds Choice Fatecore Re’ Pick Up Event - May 14, 2021
- DGMA releases Galactic Rangers VR, an immersive arcade for space macedonian shooting enthusiasts - May 14, 2021
- A Huge Tower, Where Players Can Test Their Climbing Skills, is Now Open at the Camping Ground of PLAY TOGETHER - May 14, 2021