Argonus Gods of Stone, Mount Olympus Independent developer Zojoi, creator of the cult classic adventure game Shadowgate, announced today that it will be bringing Argonus and the Gods of Stone toPC later this year. Designed as a love-letter to the iconic Ray Harryhausen fantasy films of yesteryear, players unlock legendary mysteries, come face-to-face with fabled creatures and barter with ancient gods.
Set to launch later in 2019, Argonus and the Gods of Stone brings the gods, monsters and heroes of Greek mythology to life in an epic first-person adventure
Set in a world inspired by Greek myths and heroes, players take on the role of Argonus, a cartographer and historian, who has been washed up and stranded on a mysterious island within the vast expanse of the Aegean Sea. The mighty ship Argo is in ruins and Argonus must not only discover the fate of the storied Argonauts but find an escape from the cursed isle as well. With a guardian goddess leading him, Argonus embarks on an adventure filled with mystery and peril as he risks succumbing to an evil that threatens to bring his world to ruin.
Developer Zojoi will be making two versions of the game available on release in the form of a Standard and Special “Olympus” Edition. Bonus features in the Olympus Edition include an immersive walk-through audiobook narrated by Betsy Brantley (The Princess Bride, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?), the game’s original score by composer Rich Douglas (Shadowgate, Day of Infamy, Stranger Things: The Game) and a digital compendium of the game’s concept art from Nabetse Zitro.
Players can look forward to entering the world of Argonus and the Gods of Stonelater this year.
Eager adventurers can also visit the Steam Store now to add the game to their Wishlist.
- A beautifully-rendered 3D Greek island filled with gods and monsters
- Ancient mysteries and intriguing in-world puzzles
- A thrilling mythological story, narrated by Betsy Brantley
- A dynamic soundtrack and sound design by composer Rich Douglas
- A streamlined command & inventory system
- 20 Steam achievements to be unlocked during the adventure
- ENDS -
An epic first-person adventure set in ancient Greece.
About Argonus and the Gods of Stone
From the creators of Shadowgate comes Argonus and the Gods of Stone, a first-person legendary adventure. Paying homage to the great fantasy films of the '60s and '70s, Argonus and the Gods of Stone is set within the world of ancient Greece. You are Argonus, a historian and cartographer, who awakes to find himself lost on strange shores. The Argo, famed ship of hero Jason and his Argonauts, has been pulled onto sharp rocks by a siren’s song and now lies shattered in shallow waters. When you discover the fate of your stalwart companions, you must make a deal with a goddess - Stop the blight that has taken untold lives in return for safe passage home or risk succumbing to the bedevilment that stalks this isle...
- Explore a beautifully-rendered Greek isle and discover a world of gods and monsters.
- Solve intriguing in-world puzzles and unlock ancient mysteries.
- Experience a thrilling mythological story, narrated by Betsy Brantley (Princess Bride, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?).
- Enjoy a dynamic soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas.
- Utilize a streamlined command & inventory system, keeping you immersed in the adventure.
- Unlock 20 Steam achievements.
A Special Edition will be available and will include the following:
- An immersive walk-through audio book, narrated by Betsy Brantley (English ~ 3.5 hrs).
- Argonus and the Gods of Stone Original Soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas.
- The Concept Art of Argonus by illustrator Nabetse Zitro (~ 20 pgs).
Estimated game launch: Summer 2019. Be sure to follow Zojoi on Twitter and FB!
Contact: Alex Beech
Email: [email protected]
Based in the Blue Ridge Mountains of central Virginia, Zojoi is an independent game developer helmed by industry veteran Dave Marsh. Zojoi’s mission is to create memorable gaming experiences, with remakes of their renowned originals and entirely new adventure titles.
Find out more: http://www.zojoi.com/