Skybound Games Ready to die… a lot? Then DEATH’S GAMBIT is the game for you.
Hundreds of thousands of Metroidvania and platformer fans have already assumed the role of the Reaper of Death in Death’s Gambit on digital platforms and yet the call to arms to slay legendary immortals continues!
We’re excited to announce that alongside Adult Swim Games and developer White Rabbit, Skybound Games is bringing this 2D action platformer to retail and online game stores around the globe in a first-ever physical edition for PS4. The game will be available to purchase on Skybound.com and at retail locations on June 25th in North America and June 28th in EMEA.
Check out this brand-new gameplay trailer celebrating the upcoming retail release:
FIGHT ANCIENT FOES
Each boss represents a unique challenge that will require you to think outside of the box. Scale their colossal sword, or maintain balance on a precarious platform, all while finding the right time to strike!
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ARSENAL
Every weapon comes with its own set of abilities. Equip and arrange your equipment to find powerful synergies and combinations to create a build all of your own.
EXPLORE AN EXPANSIVE WORLD
Through the tundra wastes of the Obsidian Vale, across the Sanguine city of Aldwynn, find yourself lost in the wonders of a kingdom set to ruin.
THE CHALLENGE NEVER ENDS
Rematch bosses in heroic mode, a true test of skill, and earn rewards befitting the challenge. Complete the game to unlock New Game + and keep the masochistic struggle going…forever.
Originally released digitally through the PlayStation Store, Steam, and GOG.com in 2018
Death’s Gambit is set on a medieval world shrouded in mystery, tortured by the immortal souls who call it home.
Players assume the role of the Reaper of Death, in a highly stylized, gothic world of beasts, knights, horrors, undying guardians, and more.
Players defeat gruesome enemies and legendary bosses with an arsenal of uniquely powerful weapons and abilities in wickedly challenging battles that demand creative thinking, strategy, and precise skills. Choosing from seven playable classes, players customize their champion with new gear and talents and adapt a play style all their own while preparing to die— a lot— in a brutal world.
The promise of immortality lies at the heart of Siradon. As Death’s right hand, challenge the undying guardians of the realm and endure the eternal struggle to purge their souls. But what reward awaits a faithful servant of Death?
Death’s Gambit is a hardcore 2D action platformer with rich RPG elements. Master the precise combat, utilizing a wide variety of weapons and abilities to confront the horrors that lurk deep within Siradon. Explore a mysterious and unforgiving world to uncover the true price of immortality. Embrace the challenge of being an agent of Death.
- Expansive World – Travel across the beautifully rendered Obsidian Vale, Witch Woods, Sanguine City, and more. Meet quirky characters from all walks of life, and uncover their narrative threads and secrets.
- Character Classes – Choose from seven playable classes, level up, pick your favorite talents from the skill tree, adapt your strategies, and improve your chances of survival.
- Incredible Bosses – Hunt towering monsters and other creatures of legend. Each boss is a test of skill, requiring unique strategies to defeat.
- Non-Linear Exploration – Explore levels and bosses in a non-linear order, discover side areas with more secrets to unravel and enemies to purge.
- Character Customization – Outfit your character with over 10 weapon types including bows, scythes, longswords, halberds and more. Harness 30 weapon abilities and spells to create your own build.
- Heroic Mode – Defeated bosses experience a second wind in an exponentially harder heroic mode accessible immediately after defeating them. Give yourself an all new challenge and master their new abilities.
- Evocative Score – Experience an intricately crafted score composed by Kyle Hnedak, that sets the tone for Death’s Gambit’s world with over 2 hours of evocative music.
- New Game Plus – Complete Death’s Gambit to unlock New Game+ in brackets of three to set your own difficulty, and endure the struggle all over again.
For more information about the game, visit DeathsGambit.com.