Stardock released Part 2 of its expansion to the new Star Control game today. In it, players will finally come face to face with the very beings who inspired the formation of Star Control in the first place – the Lexites. Earth Rising – Part 2: Return of the Lexites introduces players to the post-singularity species called the Lexites whose mysterious motives to stop Earth’s expansion into the galaxy will require all the player’s efforts in order to stop them.
Stardock, Star Control game , Part 2 , stop Earth’s expansion
Set in the last 21st century, the player is the Captain of Earth’s first interstellar starship with the mission to explore the galaxy, find allies to help protect Earth from hostile aliens and find the resources necessary to help Earth begin to expand to the stars.
The expansion pack, Earth Rising, will release in 4 parts. It adds a host of new aliens, ships, adventures and destinations to the already rich universe introduced in Star Control: Origins. Because Star Control is a non-linear action/RPG game, the new content does not require the player to have already completed the main story arc from the base game.
Star Control: Origins is available on Steam, GOG, orStardock for $29.99. For more information,visit www.starcontrol.com.
Highlights of Return of the Lexites include:
- Lexites – The Post-Humans who left Earth decades ago are back!
- New Missions – A series of missions dealing with Earth’s expansion into the galaxy, as well as missions involving your command crew.
- New Ships – Battle against new, fully-armed Lexite ships. Earn rewards from quests in order to unlock and purchase ships.
- New Weapons – Take on new challenges as you face enemies with weapons you’ve never seen before.
Star Control: Origins – Earth Rising is now available for purchase for $19.99 on Steam. It includes all four parts, with part 1 released last winter, part 2 now available, part 3 coming this Summer, and part 4 to follow later. For more details, visit the forums.
Welcome to Star Control, Captain! You’re here because you’ve shown exemplary service, aced all your flight exams, and – most importantly – passed all the sanity tests.
Humanity has learned that it is not alone in the universe and that we are hopelessly outmatched by alien civilizations seeking to destroy us. You have been selected to command Earth’s first and only interstellar starship to accomplish this – try not to break it. It was expensive.
Your mission: Save humanity, Captain. At all costs and by any means necessary.
A Vast Universe
Set in the year 2088, humanity has discovered it’s not alone in the universe. Worse yet, it is catastrophically unprepared to deal with what’s out there. In response, Star Control is formed and the player is selected to command the crew of the U.E.S. Vindicator.
Star Control: Origins takes place in a huge living universe just waiting to be explored. Players will find their time split between exploring distant solar systems, landing on exotic planets, navigating hyperspace, and interacting with alien species.
Encounter exotic alien civilizations. Explore strange new worlds. Assemble a fleet mighty enough to face galactic powers that have bestrode the galaxy for thousands of years.
- Navigate a living universe filled with thousands of new worlds and hundreds of hand-crafted adventures.
- Travel across exotic and amazing worlds searching for relics, Precursor artifacts, and treasures.
- Meet strange new aliens that can become great allies or terrible enemies.
- Find alien technology to upgrade your ship from being an embarrassment to the terror of the galaxy.
- Navigate through thousands of planets in a universe that has a deep history spanning. back hundreds of thousands of years.
- Design your own ships or download them from Steam to build fleets and take them into combat in fleet battles.
- Experience and all-new Sci-Fi universe in which you are the central character.