Bonn, Germany – Norbert M. Doerner today released NeoFinder Mac 7.4, the 90th update since CDFinder 1.0 was released in 1996! The new version adds more than 50 new features and enhancements, many will help iView MediaPro users to work better with NeoFinder.
After the demise of iView MediaPro, many users have started using NeoFinder, and things like the iView compatible web gallery templates, or the “people” metadata cataloging and editing have been added to NeoFinder due to feedback from these users. NeoFinder can use new neural network scene detection engines to automatically find Tags in thumbnails! That will make it a lot easier to handle large amounts of images, and discover surprising photo motives hidden deeply in the folders of the data.
All new features and enhancements of NeoFinder 7.4:
* Catalogs “People” fields in Adobe XMP and IPTC data (and data written by Picasa and Mylio)
* Search for People metadata, and add them to photos and movies in the XMP Editor
* Web Gallery now uses beautiful HTML templates, and you can even design your own! Or use your existing iView Media Pro gallery templates (with some small changes)
* AutoTags: Use ML scene detector engines to automatically detect scenes and items in thumbnails. NeoFinder currently offers two different engines, more to come. This requires macOS 10.13 or newer
* AutoTags: Search a catalog for thumbnails with a particular automatically detected Tag
* AutoTags Inspector shows the detected Tags, and allows you to place them in the file directly
* NeoFinder reads iView MediaPro CatalogSets from XMP records and builds albums and album folders for these automatically during cataloging
* Massively improved handing of XMP keywords for multiple selected files. NeoFinder now displays all keywords in these files, and allows you to add, remove, or edit them, and to place an existing keyword in all selected items
* Refresh thumbnails from photos or videos when updating a catalog, if you need larger or smaller thumbnails
* Delete a keyword from all items in the catalog and even from all files as well
* Detect and “fold” image sequences during cataloging. That is great for video producers with thousands of single frame files to catalog
* Search for video codecs in the Find Editor. That is helpful to quickly find files encoded with deprecated codecs
* The new command “Edit keywords” in the Metadata main menu with the keyboard shortcut Cmd-T places the text cursor in the XMP keywords field of the XMP editor for the selected items
* Rename keywords both in the Controlled Vocabulary, as well as in all items in the database
* A new command in the Metadata menu allows you to write all XMP metadata back to a file. That is useful if you have imported metadata and want to make sure it is actually written into the file, where it belongs
* Catalog metadata and audio thumbnails of “.CAF” Apple CoreAudio Files
* Catalog the number of audio channels for audio files, including 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 formats
* Catalog thumbnails and metadata of compressed Fuji RAW files (RAF file format). Even Apple still cannot do this, but NeoFinder is now able to accomplish that for you!
* Catalogs .JPX, .J2C, and .JPF JPEG 2000 photo files
* Catalog stereoscopic files in the JPS format with thumbnails and metadata
* Edit->Copy now copies the names of all selected items to the clipboard
* File->Open now works like a double click on the selected items
* “Find all media items in a folder” options are now also available in the View menu
* Search for empty, and non empty XMP text fields in the Inspector with a new menu when you click on the label of a field
* The Find Editor can now also find empty and not empty XMP fields
* NeoFinder now displays the number of items in Album Groups (the sum of all files in all contained albums)
* The Display Filter can now filter by “Ratings larger than”
* The QuickLook window will now be opened fullscreen if you hold the Alt key
* Improved handling of .dv video files
* Improved handling of cataloging BMP files
* Improved scrolling in the Gallery View
* NeoFinder now catalogs metadata and thumbnails for Phantom Cine video files
* NeoFinder now catalogs the Creation Date of video content (not the file!), if it is embedded in the data stream
* The Photo Contact Sheet items can now be sorted by EXIF date, too
* NeoFinder can now catalog thumbnails and metadata of Kodak .KDC RAW files
* New AppleScript cataloging option to quit NeoFinder after the cataloging has completed
* You can now drop a folder or whole volume on the icon of NeoFinder in the Dock to catalog it
* The suggested keywords while typing XMP Editor and Find Editor are much better now
* The Help buttons are located for the German translation, too
* After deleting items from a catalog, NeoFinder no longer displays the first item in the current folder
* The Find Editor can now search for Disk Images
* Smart Folders and Groups can now have “/” in their names
* Find all media items in a folder is much faster now
* More improvements in dark mode of macOS 10.14
* Improved handling of cataloging BMP files
* Improved cataloging of BWF and WAV files in their newer extended format
* Editing GPS Geotags in a file now properly updates the creation and modification date of that file in the NeoFinder catalog
* Many small fixes and improvements
* NeoFinder 7.4 requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later
* NeoFinder 7.4 is a free update to all NeoFinder 7.x users.
* NeoFinder 7.x is a paid upgrade to licensed users of NeoFinder 6.x and the old CDFinder, upgrade price starting at 19 Euros.
* New licenses start at 29 Euros for a NeoFinder Private License.
* Cataloging – NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos. NeoFinder also edits Adobe XMP data, including keywords, persons, and ratings. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, text files, and even audio files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
* Managing Metadata – The built-in XMP metadata editor with presets can edit and add keywords, ratings, persons, descriptions, copyright information, and more to photos and videos.
* Networking – Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
* Mobile – Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
* Integration – Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios. The AppleScript support in NeoFinder allows custom integrations of all kinds.
* Geotagging – Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays important facts about any geolocation in the truly unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1996, more than 85,000 customers in 101 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
Language Support: German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Mac OS X v10.8 – macOS 10.14. Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available.
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available
Pricing and Availability:
The price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. Cross-grades for users of similar applications (Cinematica, DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and others) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 1991-2019 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
- Change may be happening to keep them notifications turned on - June 19, 2021
- Bear’s Restaurant is now available on NintendoSwitch™. The original soundtrack is also available starting today!! - June 19, 2021
- Herd Cats, Mince Humans and Reimagine Civilization in 5 New Demos from HeroCraft PC - June 19, 2021