Following up the February's release of X-Morph: Defense on the Nintendo Switch, EXOR Studios have prepared a free demo version of the game for the Nintendo eShop. X-Morph: Defense is a unique fusion of a twin-stick shooter and a tower defense strategy. The demo allows the players to enjoy the first level of the Story Campaign in its entirety, including the first boss fight. X-Morph: Defense has been created using the EXOR Studios' proprietary Schmetterling engine. It allowed the developers to transfer the marquee game features to the Nintendo Switch at a smooth, stable framerate. The release of the demo coincides with a temporary 25% discount on X-Morph: Defense on the Nintendo eShop.
X-Morph: Defense was initially released on the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 30th, 2017. The initial reception amongst players was very favorable scoring a 93% positive rating on Steam. On February 21st, 2019 the game has been released on the Nintendo Switch, receiving favourable reviews from fans and critics alike, scoring a respectable 75 on Metacritic. X-Morph: Defense has received three pieces of premium DLC, all of which are available for purchase on the Nintendo eShop.
About X-Morph: Defense:
You are the X-Morph - an alien species that invades Earth to harvest its resources and terraform the surface. Strategize in the build mode by carefully selecting various types of alien towers or throw yourself right into the heat of the battle. Build mazes for incoming enemies in an environment that provides exceptional planning freedom. Tear down buildings and collapse bridges to support your defense or to simply indulge in a spectacle of unprecedented destruction. Possess a range of unique alien weapons and use defense strategies like you've never seen before in this genre.
About European Assault DLC:
European Assault is a brand-new mini-campaign that takes place parallel to the main story, and will see players wreak havoc across Finland and Holland before concluding in an epic, destruction-fuelled showdown at the Eiffel Tower in France.
About Survival of the Fittest DLC:
Survival of the Fittest expansion pack contains 5 maps created with the challenges of the Survival mode in mind:
- BRITAIN - Fight an endless enemy assault in a rain soaked maze of cottages and canals.
- FINLAND - Winter is already here, but it's not the cold that is your worst enemy.
- SOUTH AFRICA - A dense night is waiting to be lit up by countless enemy explosions.
- NETHERLANDS - Survive as long as you can in this seemingly idyllic landscape.
- FRANCE - A city labyrinth that is about to become a graveyard full of metallic corpses.
About The Last Bastion DLC:
The Last Bastion is the last piece of the X-Morph: Defense saga, featuring the last battles with the remnants of the human forces in the farthest reaches of the globe. The players will visit such places as Iceland, Madagascar, Indonesia and the Easter Island in their efforts to eradicate all the focal points of human resistance.
- Build your towers anywhere on the map.
- Destroy obstacles, collapse buildings and bridges to change enemy paths.
- Connect towers with laser fences that block enemy movement.
- Smart enemies - there are no predefined enemy paths. Enemies adapt to the changing battlefield and your tower placement, making the challenge a lot more interesting.
- Advanced tower types - different kinds of enemies require different defense strategies. Build advanced towers to counter special enemies.
- Don't wait for your enemies - engage them directly with the X-Morph fighter.
- Morph into four distinct fighter forms, each one with a different weapon and special ability.
- Fight huge, building size, mechanical war machines. Each boss fight is unique and heavily influences the gameplay environment. Entire cities will be destroyed.
SINGLE PLAYER STORY CAMPAIGN
- take over the Earth by invading locations all around the globe including South Africa, Russia, USA, Japan, China, Britain, Argentina and other countries
- upgrade your towers and abilities throughout the course of the story campaign
- four difficulty modes
- repel endless enemy attacks
- grow in strength as the game rewards you with upgrades after defeating each wave
- employ new strategies, reacting to dynamic enemy paths
- earn new achievements
- available both in single-player and local co-op
- X-Morph: Defense is powered by EXOR Studios' proprietary Schmetterling game engine.
- Dynamic building destruction system. Every building in the game can be destroyed piece by piece. Realistic physics simulation makes every destruction scenario unique.
- PhysX by NVIDIA.
- Skulls for the Skull Throne event brings more discounts and new content to Focus Home Interactive and Warhammer titles on Steam! - May 29, 2020
- Tranquil and thought-provoking narrative experience The Night Fisherman is available now for free! - May 29, 2020
- ‘Beatdown Brawler’ Releases on Steam Early Access - May 29, 2020