WWE® (NYSE:WWE) announced tonight that WrestleMania 35 broke the record for MetLife Stadium’s highest-grossing entertainment event. WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza grossed $16.9 million, surpassing the venue’s previous record of $12.3 million set by WrestleMania 29 in 2013 as a sold-out crowd of 82,265 fans from all 50 states and 68 countries converged on MetLife Stadium.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190407005049/en/
WRESTLEMANIA® SETS RECORD (Photo: Business Wire)
WrestleMania 35 was the second highest-grossing event in WWE history, only behind WrestleMania 32 at AT&T Stadium in Texas.
As part of the weeklong WrestleMania celebration, WWE will host five consecutive nights of events at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ and Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
“WWE outdid themselves by creating an even more exciting WrestleMania than we experienced six years ago,” said New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy. “The WWE Universe helped deliver significant economic results to New Jersey, and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting WrestleMania again in the future.”
“We are thrilled that WrestleMania’s return to WWE’s ‘front yard’ delivered incredible results,” said WWE Executive Vice President of Special Events John Saboor. “This would not have been possible without the tireless support of Governor Murphy and our public and private sector partners throughout the New York and New Jersey region. We now turn our attention to next year, where WrestleMania will make a historic Tampa Bay debut.”
WrestleMania 36 takes place on Sunday, April 5, 2020 from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay, FL. Ticket information will be announced later this year.
Top Ten All-Time Attendance Records at WrestleMania:
- 101,763: WrestleMania 32, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX, April 3, 2016
- 93,173: WrestleMania 3, Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan, March 29, 1987
- 82,265: WrestleMania 35, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, April 7, 2019
- 80,676: WrestleMania 29, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, April 7, 2013
- 80,103: WrestleMania 23, Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan, April 1, 2007
- 78,363: WrestleMania 28, Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida, April 1, 2012
- 78,133: WrestleMania 34, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA, April 8, 2018
- 76,976: WrestleMania 31, Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California, March 29, 2015
- 75,245: WrestleMania 33, Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Florida, April 2, 2017
- 75,167: WrestleMania 30, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA, April 6, 2014
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The Company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG, family-friendly programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 27 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The Company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Ancestors Legacy expands with a brand new DLC called Saladin’s Conquest - May 22, 2019
- Hearthstone Rise of the Mech Event Coming June 3 with Card Buffs and More - May 22, 2019
- Overwatch Anniversary 2019. Now Live! - May 22, 2019