Bedrock Linux is a meta distribution which allows users to utilize features from other, typically mutually exclusive distributions
Bedrock Linux Distribution 0.7.3. The new update fixes some potential system issues, added the capacity to get cases of Clear Linux and fixed a bug related o rebooting on frameworks running SysV init.
dded "current" to rundown of Slackware discharges. Added code to deal with clients giving brl-get an Arch Linux reflect with unquoted/got away shell factors. Included cross pixmap support. Included resolvconf support. Included help for different localegen lines. Included cautioning when default init does not exist.
- Added "current" to list of Slackware releases.
- Added code to handle users providing
brl-fetch an Arch Linux mirror with
unquoted/escaped shell variables.
- Added cross pixmap support.
- Added support for multiple
- Added warning when default init does not exist.
strat -r ... zsh
escapingrestriction via sourcing zprofile.
- Fixed fetch handling of Clear Linux.
- Fixed reboot handling after hijacking systems with PID1 provided by SysV init.
brl-fetch user/group handling.
work-aroundfor Chromium/Electron/et al TZ bug.
- Improved hijack distro name detection to handle MX Linux. (Note other issues
with Bedrock Linux/MX Linux compatibility are known at this time.)
- Various minor UI tweaks.
Bedrock Linux is a meta Linux distribution which allows users to utilize features from other, typically mutually exclusive distributions. Essentially, users can mix-and-match components as desired. For example, one could have:
- The bulk of the system from an old/stable distribution such as CentOS or Debian.
- Access to cutting-edge packages from Arch Linux.
- Access to Arch's AUR.
- The ability to automate compiling packages with Gentoo's portage
- Library compatibility with Ubuntu, such as for desktop-oriented proprietary software.
- Library compatibility with CentOS, such as for workstation/server oriented proprietary software.
All at the same time, all working together like one, largely cohesive operating system.
A new video demonstrating such features as of the newly released Bedrock Linux 0.7 Poki is currently in development and will be listed here in the future.