The team behind Sabayon is excited to present you the latest stable release: Sabayon 19.03.
Sabayon is a modern and easy to use distribution based on Gentoo, which follows a reliable rolling release model.
Please read on or download your flavour 🙂
19.03 is a long awaited release, coming with a lot of new features and enhancements:
- New build infrastructure
- Switch to Dracut for initramfs generation
- Full disk encryption support
- Installer switch from Anaconda to Calamares
- Support for 32 bit UEFI! (Intel Sticks, and so on…)
- Latest kernel is 4.20
- Python 3 is default
- Entropy improvements, including better tracking of “automatic” dependencies and a new command, equo mark
- AMDGPU Enhancements such as extended Vega support including Radeon VII
- AMD Freesync ready - MESA19, xf86-video-amdgpu-19, solid 5.X kernel available soon
- Nvidia Freesync ready - “Gsync Supported Monitors” can be enabled in nvidia-drivers-418.43 via the nvidia-settings tool
- Legacy driver deprecation - nvidia-304.XX drivers are now deprecated. Cards older than Geforce 8000 non-GTX series use nouveau.
- Work in progress for the new wiki
- We are on Patreon now! Support the project
New Build Infrastructure
Most of the changes that we did sadly aren’t noticeable from a user perspective, so we want to share our happiness about the codebase state.
We’ve invested time in making our internal tooling better, dramatically important for future enhancements to our rolling release model.
We are using Mottainai in our build infrastructure to automatize build and release of Sabayon, allowing us to scale horizontally the load required to build ISOs, packages and more.
The impact is noticeable for us, e.g. to build all ISOs flavors it now takes less than 2 hours!
This enables us to care less about repetitive tasks and ease the development process, as we can release bugfixes and do proper QA in 1⁄10 of the time before!
Switch to Dracut as Initramfs
Yes! You heard it well! We moved away from genkernel-next for initramfs generation, and now initramfs is generated on user side.
Additional information is available here.
We heard you, the current wiki is (sadly) in an
All ISOs are 64bit only.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Spintires® – Chernobyl DLC is releasing today! - December 14, 2019
- TEAM17 CRACKS OPEN A NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH BAD YOLK GAMES - December 14, 2019
- Magic ArenaSaturdays Main Event - December 14, 2019