ROSA Desktop Fresh R11 the final release of the home distribution based on the platform 2016.1. This platform in accordance with the release policy will be supported for another 2 years – until the development of the new platform 2019.1 is completed. The previous platform – 2014.1 – will be withdrawn from support after the release of the next, corrective release R11.1, so users of the platform 2014.1 should plan an update in the coming months.
Link to the installation images Rosa Fresh R11
General features of the R11 release:
- Components updated to new stable versions, fixed a large number of errors.
- The Linux 4.15.0-x kernel, based on the generic kernel of Ubuntu 18.04, is used as the base, with additions and settings specific to ROSA (for example, full preemption, SELinux support instead of AppArmor, etc.). Other kernel versions are available in separate repositories: x86_64 , i586
- Glibc 2.24 ( in backward compatibility mode with Linux kernels up to 2.6.32), Qt 5.11.2, GTK + 3.22, MESA 18.3.4, LLVM 6, GCC 5
- Added support for installing system on M.2 and NVME SSD
- File system support for F2FS flash drives added to ROSA installer
- The graphic subsystem is improved for those cases when ROSA is used as a guest system in virtual machines based on KVM and Hyper-V (in special additional images)
- Added firmware files to installation images to support Epson scanners.
- The default is to create a universal initrd instead of a hardware-specific one.
- btrfs-progs version 4.19.1 has zstd compression support, which is also in the 4.15 kernel out of the box, which, in combination with the flexible installer, allows you to install Dew on non-standard configurations with BTRFS (note that Grub still does not load the system with BTRFS + ZSTD , so when using the root in ZSTD, make / boot a separate partition or defragment it within the existing partition with compression in non-zstd)
- There are rootfs builds for chroot, manual installation and containers
RPM 5 and urpmi are still used in the ROSA distribution. Compared with the release of R10 RPM has been finalized:
- The process of installing and removing programs has been accelerated several times by disabling the force call of fsync () after each transaction, which is not necessary on modern file systems
- Fixed a buffer overflow when installing an RPM package with a huge number of objects (more than 120 thousand)
- From RPM 4 to RPM 5, multi-threaded xz compression is ported; by default, multi-threaded xz compression is enabled with standard compression 6 for RPM packaging and compression 2 for SRPM packaging ( more )
- Fixed severe memory leak when running rpmlint
More information about the operating system ROSA Desktop Fresh R11can be found here.
General principles of all ROSA Linux releases:
- Fast installation of the working system as a ready solution for the user without any extra questions and settings (the installer copies the Live system to the disk using rsync)
- Maximum possible support for various hardware configurations, incl. there are pre-installed non-standard drivers for popular WiFi adapters, loading is supported on systems with UEFI
- Reinstalling the system while preserving all user data (assuming it is set by default), which allows even an inexperienced user to restore the system’s performance in case of failures (i.e., automatic partitioning makes a separate / home partition, which will be saved during the system reinstallation and will not formatted)
- Most of the programs needed by the user are immediately in the image, and the rest are set up in the majority of our repositories, without surfing the manufacturers websites and connecting third-party repositories
- Ability to work with the system without using the command line, including the installation of proprietary drivers for video cards through a graphical or pseudo-graphic interface
- You can easily rebuild any ISO image by making the necessary changes.
- Increased attention to Russian localization
Go to ROSA Desktop Fresh R11 page
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- GWENT: Iron Judgement expansion revealed! Pre-order offer now available! - September 16, 2019
- RAYMAN MINI COMING TO APPLE ARCADE - September 16, 2019
- Novarama Presents Killsquad’s First Gathering of Bounty Hunters - September 16, 2019