We thought before GDC we’d sneak in a first look at some fresh gameplay from upcoming strategy adventure game Pathway, from Germany-based developer, Robotality!
(No embargo on this one, don’t worry!)
Pathway is coming to Windows, Mac and Linux this year and is available for wishlisting on Steam.
Gameplay Preview: https://youtu.be/silXc3DGt0M
About the Preview
Here you’ll see an insight into the game’s second campaign adventure, The Wrath of God. There’s 5x campaign adventures in total to discover and complete, each with varying difficulty. Your quest is to track down the Nazis, and foil their plans to get hold of the mysterious and eponymous object the Wrath of God.
The gameplay shows off team party building, a small selection of the 400 hand-crafted story events with choice-based unique encounters, the procedural overworld map, inventory management, mysterious (and rather horrifying) bunker discoveries, as well as turn-based strategic maneuvers against the Nazis, the undead and even some supernatural forces at work!
Please note as the game is still in development, the footage isn’t representative of the final game!
Pathway is a strategy adventure game featuring turn-based combat and unique story encounters. Explore temples, tombs and the desert wilderness in a grand pulp adventure!
- THRILLING VISUALS – Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
- DYNAMIC ADVENTURES – Discover 5 different campaigns, with each and every attempt generating a new web of encounters. No two adventures are the same; each campaign generates a new procedural map and a different set of unique story encounters.
- TOUGH CHOICES – Every explored location presents you with one of over 400 hand-crafted story events. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- DECISIVE CONFLICTS – Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to maximize your items and abilities, as well as your team members’ strengths, in ruthless and clever ways!
- HIDDEN TREASURES – Discover rare artifacts to unlock new content and adventures! Recruit from 16 unique companions, each with their own starting equipment and skill trees!
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- HyperX Announces HyperX QuadCast Microphone for Streamers and Casters - March 25, 2019
- Arcade racing is back! Launch trailer for Xenon Racer is now live - March 25, 2019
- Spacelords First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sööma - March 25, 2019