Independent studio Wyrmbyte is excited to announce that Ashes of Oahu, or the game formerly known as Nightmarchers, is headed for an Spring 2019 release. The game is inspired by the unique stories, traditions, and beliefs of the Hawaiian Islands and is primed to provide players with an experience unlike any other they’ve seen before. Ashes of Oahu is an open world, story driven shooter where you work with or against the surviving factions of a post apocalyptic Hawaii.
“Ashes of Oahu tells the fictitious story of a Native Hawaiian Kai, as he fights to regain control of Oahu working with or against the different factions on the island.”, said Scott Brown, CEO of Wyrmbyte and Producer on Ashes of Oahu. “Our team of less than ten put together this epic Hawaiian adventure, and we’re ecstatic to finally be this close to letting you all experience the tale.”
In the months since Wyrmbyte’s open world, post-apocalyptic RPG shooter hybrid was originally announced, the developers have been hard at work revamping the game to provide the best possible open world adventure for players. Wyrmbyte has taken feedback from native Hawaiians to heart, and the name change to Ashes of Oahu and the removal of any real gods names from the game ensures that the developer offers a faithful but respectful Hawaiian experience.
Some of the new and updated features of Ashes of Oahu include:
- Four distinct factions to work for…or against!
- Over 75,000 lines create a massive and engaging narrative
- Choices truly matter and can lead to any one of over 100 different endings!
- Guns take on new and amazing powers thanks to the Magical Weapon Mod System
- Play your way by unlocking 50+ skills and abilities
- Inspired by native Hawaiian stories, traditions, and beliefs but with a unique fictional twist that brings in ghosts, raiders, and gods
- 25 sq/km of beautiful locations throughout Oahu, Hawaii
When the game launches in the Spring of 2019, players will find a completely retooled art style that is more akin to a 3D comic book that better represents the fictional nature of the story. Additionally, the world has become more dense and compact, while still remaining massive at roughly 25 square kilometers in size. More content, more weapons, more stories to experience. Plus, the team has been hard at work on all-new character models and many other graphical improvements.
With over 75,000 lines of dialog leading to over 100 possible ending combinations, player choice makes each story unique. Along the way, players will unlock over 50 different skills and weapon enhancements based on these decisions helping to shape their gameplay experience. Take a look at the revitalized art style Wyrmbyte is bringing to the game in the new trailer below:
Over the coming weeks leading up to launch, Wyrmbyte will be releasing more information about Ashes of Oahu as the game rolls towards its Spring 2019 release date.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- PROROGUE NATION: BEHOLDER 2 HAS AN EYE ON A PLAYSTATION 4 RELEASE - September 22, 2019
- Announcing Dragon Audit – a Comedic 3D PC/Console Adventure Inspired by Point & Click Classics - September 22, 2019
- Close Combat: The Bloody First will be available on October 3rd - September 22, 2019