Brno, Czech Republic. Match 13, 2019. Today, CBE Software brings you a new look at their unsettling new game, Someday You’ll Return with theRemembrance trailer.
Someday You’ll Return is a narrative-driven psychological horror game with strong adventure elements. You play Daniel, father of Stela, your runaway daughter. While trying to find her, you’re forced by events to return to a place that you swore never return to, the ancient Moravian forests. In the new Remembrance trailer, Daniel deals with events from his past.
While the story contains strong horror elements it’s not always the most obvious monsters which are the most frightening. While your survival skills and quick wits may advance your search, malevolent forces rise up against you keeping you and Stela apart. As your search leads deep into both the woods and your mind, it reveals secrets that should have stayed buried.
There are nightmares you can’t fight and win. Some of them … could be yours. Where are you, Stela?
To learn what has already been revealed about Someday You’ll Return, watch the Reveal trailer.
About Someday You’ll Return
Where are you, Stela?
It’s not the first time she ran away. But you’re uneasy … this time feels so different. Long ago, you swore never to return here. And now, she has dragged you back. Your search leads deep into ancient Moravian forests and reveals secrets that should have stayed buried. Someday You’ll Return deals with intimate concepts of fatherhood, fears, lies and refusal to accept one’s past.
Someday You’ll Return takes place in beautiful scenic areas of the Czech Republic. While they are not exact duplicates, CBE Software desired to capture the atmosphere of Bohemian nature. The team places well known landmarks into a virtual map, which are discoverable by players and which the team personally visited many times. A typical Czech forest setting has been used as a reference which is different from other real world locations like Scandinavian or American forests. This creates a unique mood for players. The referenced locations and mythos in the game are ancient. Some of the tales mentioned in Someday You’ll Return date back to the 9th century.
Someday You’ll Return is a story with a wide variety of game mechanics:
- Workbench crafting interface – you can craft or repair things in a specialized interface
- Herbalism – you can pick up flowers or mushrooms and make your own potions
- Environment interaction – you can interact in the world you are in, use items etc.
- Smartphone – you can use GPS, call someone or communicate via SMS, you can also use your mobile light
- Karmic system – your actions have consequences which can influence ending
- Phased day night cycle
- Wall climbing
- Tracking – look for clues like footprints etc.
There is no combat in the game.
About CBE Software
CBE Software is a Brno based (Czech Republic) two-man indie studio which started in 2006 as Cardboard Box Entertainment and was transformed into a real company in 2011. The company motto is to explore video game possibilities beyond the boundaries of tried and tested gameplay paradigms.
CBE Software finds their place with story driven games trying to explore different narrative means.
List of games so far:
- Ghost in the Sheet (2007)
- J.U.L.I.A. (2012)
- J.U.L.I.A. Untold (2012)
- Vampires! (2012)
- Boredom of Agustín Cordes (2013)
- Serena (2014) in collaboration with Senscape, Infamous Quests, Guys from Andromeda and others.
- J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars (2014)
- Someday You’ll Return (2019)
Reboot Develop 2018 – Indie Awards
Game of the Year (Winner)
Visual Excellence (Winner)
Outstanding Gameplay (Nominee)
Special Selection (Nominee)
Game Access 2018
Best Art (Winner)
White Nights St. Petersburg 2018 – Indie Game Cup
Best Art (Winner)
Grand Prix Award (Nominee)
Best Storytelling (Nominee)
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon BREAKPOINT: OPEN BETA TO RUN FROM SEPTEMBER 26th tO 29th - September 18, 2019
- GET YOUR HEART RACING AS GRID PREPARES FOR LAUNCH - September 18, 2019
- British Esports Association brings Rocket League to London’s Science Museum - September 18, 2019