ExTiX 19.3 – Build 190307
new version of ExTiX – The Ultimate Linux System. I call it ExTiX 19.3 Xfc4/Kodi Live DVD. The best thing with ExTiX 19.3 is that while running the system live (from DVD/USB) or from
ExTiX 19.3 Xfce4/Kodi DVD 64 bit is based on Debian and upcoming (release date 190418)Ubuntu 19.04. The original system includes the Desktop Environment Gnome. After removing Gnome I have installed Xfce 4.13. Xfce is a lightweight desktop environment for UNIX-like operating systems. It aims to be fast and low on system resources, while still being visually appealing and user friendly. I have also installed Kodi 18.2 Leia with some addons already enabled. Most important Netflix. NOTE: This ExTiX Xfce4 Build is for installation to non-UEFI-enabled computers. You can therefore use the Calamares Installer also in VirtualBox and/or VMware. I.e non-efi enabled computers.
The system language is ENGLISH.
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL about ExTiX and especially the new version from 190307?
1. The ExTiX ISO’s are ISO-hybrids, which means that they can very easily be transferred (copied) to a USB pen drive. You can even run ExTiX from the USB stick and save all your system changes on the stick. I.e. you will enjoy persistence!
2. Another big improvement is that both ExTiX versions can run from RAM. Use Boot alternative 3 (load to RAM). When the system has booted up you can remove the disc (DVD) or USB stick. You’ll need at least 3 GB RAM to run ExTiX 19.3 that way. Running from RAM means that the system will run faster than from a DVD or a USB stick. Everything will
3. All packages have been upgraded to the latest version by 190307.
4. Kernel 5.0.0 is the latest kernel by 190307.
5. I have replaced Ubuntu’s installation program Ubiquity (live installer) with Calamares. It works very well. I.e. a new user (your user) will be created during the installation process and you’ll get a chance to change root’s password. Just start the installer from the menu under System.
6. The best thing with ExTiX 19.3 is that while running the system live (from DVD/USB) or from hard drive you can use Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed) to create your own live installable Ubuntu system.
7. As an alternative to Xfce4 you can run Kodi 18.2 Leia. Just start Kodi like any other program while logged in to the Xfce4 Desktop as the ordinary user live. I have enabled a few addons in Kodi. Most important the Netflix addon. NOTE: You can’t run Kodi as root. (You won’t have sound).
8. Nvidia proprietary Graphics driver 418.43 is pre-installed in ExTiX 19.3. It will be used automatically if your computer has support for it.
- Early-access release of Slash Roll announced on Steam - April 9, 2020
- GRAND STRATEGY RTS HYBRID ‘AI WAR 2’ EXPANDS WITH ‘THE SPIRE RISES’ - April 9, 2020
- Danger Scavenger is fast-paced action, cyberpunk-themed, - April 9, 2020