Project Winter is inspiring some truly traitorous moments for Influencers during Early Access
February 22nd, 2019 - Project Winter, from developers Other Ocean,
has seen the demise of many a survivor and traitor in the last two
weeks since launching into Steam Early Access. Many of the best
betrayals were caught on camera in a new gameplay video featuring some
of the world’s top gaming influencers!
After a busy launch into Early Access, Other Ocean has no plans to slow down. They have released a Project Winter
roadmap which details their plans for the game during Early Access and
beyond. Here are a few of the upgrades and improvements coming to
Project Winter in the coming months:
your own lobbies, with the option of password protecting them for
private sessions with friends. See what the primary language of a lobby
is and join the one you prefer.
- New maps with more varied objectives and chances to sabotage!
- New cosmetics and event-based progression trees
- More varied weapons like a silent crossbow and automatic rifles
- Nvidia Highlights to capture those traitorous moments
- + More
- A rare truth serum that will privately reveal another player’s role to the user
like energy drinks can be found and used to give players extra health,
warmth or hunger stats, allowing them to stay out and survive longer
few survivors remain, they will receive a special airdrop that can’t be
accessed by traitors, giving them a chance to repair the objectives on
their own or go out in a blaze of glory
- + More
- Swap outfits with a corpse and confuse your enemies!
- Traitors will be able to see the traps placed by their comrade
- New traitor airdrop abilities (ex: reveal the survivor’s health bars above their heads)
will have an expanded arsenal of unique contextual actions for
interfering with the survivors, enabling them to better slow the
survivors down at the risk of being identified
- + More
Visit Project Winter’s Website to see the full list of improvements, upgrades, and additions as Early Access progresses to full launch!
- Escape to Survive
- As a survivor among a group of strangers, you will have to collect
resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in
one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles
- Among the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors who are selected at
random. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors.
Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being
identified and killed.
- Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander
off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall
victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- There are several ways to communicate with other players, including
proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text
chat, and emotes. Communication is vital if the survivors have any hope
of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
- Betrayal & Deception
- The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins. They may
infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their
strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors
can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors
against each other.
About Other Ocean Group
Founded in 2006, Other Ocean
has focused on developing original titles (Giant Cop, #IDARB, RAD
Boarding) and franchise products (Super Monkey Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Mortal
Kombat). Other Ocean has worked on such industry leading licenses as
Minecraft, Rick, and Morty, Toy Story, The Simpsons South Park, NBA,
Green Lantern, Spiderman, and X-Men. As a third-party developer, Other
Ocean’s Ultra Street Fighter for PlayStation 4 is now the staple in
multiple and massively successful, Street Fighter Tournaments around the
World. Similarly, our third-party work on Intellectual Property such as
NBA Rush, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Mega Man have all achieved tremendous
commercial success. Other Ocean Group
has won 2 Xbox Live Arcade awards, several Editor's Choice Awards, been
nominated for several Gamespot Best Game Awards and won a best of show
award at E3. The Project Winter development team is located in the St
John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador studio in Canada. The company has
development studios in St. John's and Charlottetown, Canada and
Emeryville, California and a quality assurance company, Sculpin QA in PE
and NL, Canada. www.otherocean.com
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Become one with a huge battle mech in ArmZ VR - March 23, 2019
- Grave Keeper – a new hack’n’slash coming in March - March 23, 2019
- Akuto: Showdown – fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns - March 23, 2019