- BM1397 chip combines new chip design methodology and world-leading 7nm semiconductor manufacturing process
- Enables faster and cheaper mining for cryptocurrencies that use the SHA256 algorithm for their Proof of Work (PoW)
Bitmain Technologies Limited, today announced its
The new BM1397 chip requires lower power and can offer an energy consumption to computing ratio as low as 30J/TH. This is a 28.6 percent improvement in power efficiency in comparison with Bitmain's previous 7nm chip, the BM1391. To achieve this, Bitmain's engineering team has thoroughly customised the chip design to optimise its architecture, circuit and economics. The chip is made using TSMC's 7nm FinFET process.
The BM1397 is a testament to Bitmain's improvements in chip design methodology and deep understanding of the most advanced semiconductor fabrication technologies.
Today's announcement follows Bitmain's on-going commitment to the development of high-performance computing chips and is a part of its aim to help advance the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Bitmain's innovations enable anyone, anywhere to mine and benefit from cryptocurrencies. The BM1397, part of Bitmain's growing chip portfolio, is designed to bring a better mining experience and aims to set a new benchmark in ASIC chip technology.
The BM1397 chip will feature in new Antminer models the S17 and T17 that will be announced by Bitmain at a later date.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- HyperX Announces HyperX QuadCast Microphone for Streamers and Casters - March 25, 2019
- Arcade racing is back! Launch trailer for Xenon Racer is now live - March 25, 2019
- Spacelords First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sööma - March 25, 2019