Months after breaking into the digital market with releases for nearly all current platforms, Nightmare Boy finally makes the leap to physical format, something fans of The Vanir Project title and purist video game collectors were asking for.
In addition, this special edition not only includes the game in physical format, as the inside of its box contains an extended manual with a variety of illustrations and small maps of the areas of the game and a CD with the soundtrack of Nightmare Boy, composed by Vic Hernand.
Nightmare Boy Special Edition will only be available in Nordics, Greece, UK and Asia territories.
Nightmare Boy will put you in the shoes of Billy, turned into the mysterious Rolo, who must survive his worst nightmares… and the bad dreams of other ten kids, also trapped in the same dark world. Each rescued kid will give Billy a new power that will help him survive that nightmare world; also, the other kids lost in their nightmares will add their own stories to the storyline, with a glympse of the seamy reasons why they’re trapped there. The player will have to wonder which are those dark reasons…
Nightmare Boy mixes cartoon visuals with classic 2D pixel art. Every asset in the game has been crafted by hand by Juan Garcai, a visual artisan, graphics designer from The Vanir Project. The game mixes adventure, exploration and platforms, and adds some classic metroidvania mechanics: big scenarios, splitted into different zones, most of them only accesible after getting the appropriate weapon or item. The Vanir Project has added a new element to the mix: you’ll have to spend gems collected during the game in each save point, rewarding the boldest players while punishing the ones that saves all the time.
The game made by The Vanir Project mixes a graphic style reminiscent of the golden age of arcade games, a storyline suitable to all public, with plot twists only adults will understand, and platforms, exploration and metroidvania mechanics. Nightmare Boy soundtrack has been composed by Vic Hernand, musician and composer with a degree in History and Science of Music with also Production studies on the renowned Berklee College of Music.
Nightmare Boy main features:
- Platforms, adventure, exploration and metroidvania game mechanics.
- “Artisan” graphics, halfway between cartoon and 90’s arcade games.
- Huge environments, full of secrets, items and collectibles.
- A nightmare world full of enemies and final bosses, but with a lot of NPC’s that will help Billy on his adventure.
- Dark storyline, with seamy plot twists linked to each of the ten kids lost in their nightmares.
- Different power-ups and items that will let you get to new zones in the game: new projectiles, double jump, triple jump…
Today the special edition of Nightmare Boy is on sale exclusively for Nintendo Switch. Along with the game cartridge, this edition includes an extended manual full of illustrations and details of the game and its soundtrack in CD format.
Important note:Nightmare Boy Special Edition will only be available in Nordics, Greece, UK and Asia territories.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE SURPASSES 16 MILLION PLAYERS WORLDWIDE - May 24, 2019
- Jadiri Gamer Wielder of MysteriesFIRE AND ICE Deckof the day - May 24, 2019
- The Dalaran Heist Chapter III – Streets of Dalaran, Now Live - May 24, 2019