Inspired by the timeless 16th century Chinese novel Journey to the West, players take control of four unlikely heroes. Effortlessly swapping between and Wukong the Monkey King, Sanzang the Sleepy Monk, Kihong the Greedy Pig, and Sandmonk the Sensitive Brute as they travel westward in search of the scattered remnants of the Sacred Scroll. Along the way, whether it be solo or in local coop, players will encounter a diverse lineup of enemies to battle within a colourful fantasy world.
"We want to invite players to be part of some fantastic universes," says Creative Director Yang Lu. "We spent a year and a half elaborating, defining, searching for, and shaping the kind of game/story/experience we wanted to offer. It turns out we are video game crafters!" "Journey to the West is a wonderful story," continues Lu “but I noticed it wasn’t really known in the West.” Set against lushly illustrated environments in a hand-drawn artstyle, Unruly Heroes makes for an epic adventure diving into the essence of what it takes to be a hero.
Watch the launch trailer on YouTube: https://youtu.be/-7hyyMPd7ms
- Experience the Legend of the Monkey King solo or cooperatively with up to four players in local gameplay.
- Make the fight more challenging with local and online PvP.
- Master the combined strength of the four unique heroes, adapting to use the best one for each new challenge.
- Possess your enemies to harness their strengths and abilities.
- Explore a range of different worlds within a colourful fantasy universe platforming, solving puzzles, battling enemies, and overcoming unexpected obstacles.
Unruly Heroes is out now on Nintendo Switch, Steam, Microsoft Store, and Xbox One, with planned released for PS4 to follow. It is available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Russian, Korean, Japanese.
About Magic Design Studios
Magic Design Studios has been founded in 2015. The company focuses on the creation of high-quality entertainment content, mainly video games and CG animation.
The company is located in France, Montpellier, known for having a high concentration of video game veterans.
The core team of the project has a solid experience in the video game industry.
A lot of the team members have worked at Ubisoft on titles such as Rayman, Raving Rabbids, Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Valiant Hearts, Ghost Recon Wildlands and many other series.
- Sneak and peek towards Stadia - July 9, 2020
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Available on iOS! - July 9, 2020
- Our Secret Below Launches Tomorrow $14.99! (July 10th) & The Subject on Sale - July 9, 2020