Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Mirror of Discovery, is now available for Star Trek Online on PC and releases on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 at a later date. The newest update to the free-to-play Star Trek MMORPG continues a pivotal story introduced in the first season of the CBS television series, Star Trek: Discovery. For the first time ever, Star Trek fans will finally meet the Terran Empire’s dreaded Captain Killy, voiced by Mary Wiseman from the show. As leader of the I.S.S. Discovery, Killy’s ruthless reputation was often mentioned in the series, though her character was never shown on-screen. Players unravel the mystery of what really happened to her and the crew of the I.S.S.
Last fall, Star Trek Online took its maiden journey into the Star Trek: Discoveryuniverse with the launch of the continuing saga, Age of Discovery. Mirror of Discovery picks up where the first installment left off, just after players battled the Klingons with the support of fellow Starfleet Academy-mate, Sylvia Tilly (also voiced by Mary Wiseman). Discovery fans may remember an episode from the first season, where the U.S.S. Discovery and its crew were abruptly transported to the Mirror Universe. At the same time, the starship’s counterpart, the I.S.S. Discovery, was said to be destroyed by the Klingons above Pahvo in the Prime Universe. Over a century has passed since these events took place and Star Trek Online Captains find themselves on the same forest planet where the Terran starship met its fate. A powerful ion storm transports a group of displaced time-travelers, survivors of the I.S.S Discovery and Ensign Tilly’s mirror-self, the vicious Captain Sylvia “Killy” Tilly of the Terran Empire. In a calculated attempt to take control, Killy threatens to destroy Pahvo, leaving it up to Starfleet’s finest to save the tranquil forest planet from total annihilation.
These events all transpire across all-new missions featured in Mirror of Discovery. A full list of game features introduced with today’s PC update includes:
- Two New Featured Episodes – Captains hailing from all of the game’s various factions can experience two new playable episodes featuring Captain Sylvia Tilly of the Terran Empire.
- “Para Pacem” – Players will witness the I.S.S. Discovery’s fated confrontation with Klingon forces, in the middle of an ion storm above Pahvo.
- “Illusion of Communication” – Captains must stop Captain Killy from using Terran Empire technology to manipulate Pahvo’s peaceful biosphere.
- Anniversary Events – This month, Star Trek Online celebrates nine years of exploring the Star Trek universe from within. To kick off this milestone, the game is bringing back the popular Omega Molecule Stabilization event. Players who stabilize Q’s scattered Omega particles can earn free Omega Particle Tech Upgrades and prize vouchers, redeemable for the new T6 Vulcan Scout Ship featured in Star Trek: Discovery.
- Personal Endeavor System – Players who enjoy the game’s Endeavor System can now complete unique daily challenges to earn account-wide performance boosts in a wide variety of combat mechanics.
- Battle at the Binary Stars - By popular demand, the Battle at the Binary Stars Event is now available as a Task Force Operation, with the debut of Advanced and Elite modes that will challenge even the most experienced players.
More Star Trek: Discovery content is headed to Star Trek Online in the coming weeks. This includes added Task Force Operation rewards and “Pahvo Dissension,” a new featured TFO which returns players to Pahvo for another uprising against the Terran Empire. Details will be available on Star Trek Online’s official blog.
The first episode of the highly anticipated second season of Star Trek: Discovery is now available on CBS All Access (https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/).
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Quantum Athletes Wanted! Nimble Giant Unveils New Recruitment Trailer for Upcoming Paradoxical Arena Shooter, Quantum League - December 15, 2019
- Das Boot VR Escape - December 15, 2019
- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas Launches Today for the PC; December 16th for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One - December 15, 2019