“We’re excited to team up with Coinstar to give consumers a convenient and easy way to buy Bitcoin during the course of their daily routines,” said Neil Bergquist, Coinme Cofounder, and CEO. “Bitcoin is now accessible at your local grocery store via Coinstar kiosks, and this offering will make it even easier for consumers to participate in this dynamic new economy.”
Founded in 2014, Coinme was the first state-licensed Bitcoin ATM company in the U.S. and now handles millions of dollars (USD) in transactions each month. The company is deploying a global crypto ATM network and also offers a vertically-integrated digital wallet and Private-Client services for individuals and institutions.
“Coinstar is always looking for new ways to offer value to our consumers when they visit our kiosks, and Coinme’s innovative delivery mechanism along with Coinstar’s flexible platform makes it possible for consumers to easily purchase Bitcoin with cash,” commented Jim Gaherity, Coinstar CEO.
Coinstar owns and operates over 20,000 fully automated self-service coin-counting kiosks in nine countries, with thousands in the U.S. market that can be enabled to accept Bitcoin transactions.
There are just four simple steps to purchase Bitcoin at a Coinstar kiosk, powered by Coinme:
- Go to a select Coinstar kiosk, touch “Buy Bitcoin,” review and accept the transaction terms, and enter your phone number.
- Insert U.S. paper money into the cash acceptor (any amount up to $2,500).
- Receive a voucher with a Bitcoin redemption code.
- Visit www.coinme.com/redeem to create a Coinme account or sign in to your existing account to claim your Bitcoin.
Coinme is a venture-backed blockchain financial services company that is dedicated to helping the world gain access to virtual currency. Four years ago, Coinme became the first state-licensed Bitcoin ATM operator in the U.S. and now processes millions of dollars (USD) each month. The company’s vertically-integrated network of crypto ATMs, digital wallet, and private-client services provide customers the opportunity to join this financial revolution. Coinme also offers a rewards program through its proprietary utility token, UpToken, which can be purchased on Bittrex and Upbit under the ticker “UP”.
About Coinstar, LLC
Based in Bellevue, Wash., Coinstar owns and operates the largest fully automated, multi-national network of self-service coin counting kiosks. With nearly 20,000 kiosk locations, Coinstar provides convenient and reliable coin-counting services at mass merchants, grocery and drug stores and financial institutions. Consumer solutions include coin-to-cash, coin-to-eGift card and charity donation options. For kiosk locations and information, visit www.coinstar.com.
- Mobilize Your Squadron! - February 27, 2020
- MTG Arena Thursday Game of the DayVictory is mine I claim it prove me wrong - February 27, 2020
- INTRUDERS WELCOME: Comanche gets free multiplayer beta weekend / Early Access in March - February 27, 2020