The Pokémon Company International today unveiled an extensive line of products inspired by the highly anticipated movie “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” from Warner Bros. Pictures, Legendary Entertainment, and The Pokémon Company, arriving in theaters beginning May 8, 2019, in Europe. Before the movie, fans can look forward to new Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) collections, action figures and interactive plush from Wicked Cool Toys, and more.
All items in the line are inspired by the movie, which begins when ace detective Harry Goodman goes missing amid mysterious circumstances, prompting his son Tim to investigate what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a wisecracking, adorable super-sleuth. Chasing clues together through Ryme City, where humans and Pokémon live side by side, they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful coexistence. The movie is already generating significant buzz, with a widely viewed trailer and an all-star cast including Ryan Reynolds as the voice of the title character.
“Pokémon is a global entertainment franchise that has delighted its fans with video games, trading cards, animation, and soon, live-action movies with the upcoming ‘POKÉMON Detective Pikachu,’” said Colin Palmer, vice president of marketing for The Pokémon Company International. “The merchandise line we’ve developed for the Pokémon Trading Card Game, as well as the amazing selection of licensed toys and more celebrates this remarkable milestone for the brand and is sure to delight Pokémon fans of all ages.”
The Pokémon TCG line and select other merchandise inspired by “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” will be on display at global toy fairs beginning this month. Below are retail availability dates and more detailed product highlights from the line.
The Pokémon Trading Card Game
The iconic Pokémon TCG, which has shipped 23.6 billion cards to date, is debuting new booster packs for the launch of “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu.” These four-card boosters feature newly designed packaging based on the look and feel of Ryme City, and collectors and competitive Pokémon TCG players alike will enjoy looking through them and building their decks with Pokémon seen in the movie. In all, 26 new cards feature Pokémon such as Detective Pikachu, Charizard and Greninja depicted in their CGI movie likenesses. The first wave of Pokémon TCG: Detective Pikachu products will be available beginning March 29, 2019, across Europe. Highlights from the line include:
- Pokémon TCG: Detective Pikachu Case File—Contains one promo card featuring Detective Pikachu, one metallic coin inspired by Detective Pikachu, two Detective Pikachu booster packs, and one additional Pokémon TCG booster pack.
- Pokémon TCG: Detective Pikachu Charizard-GX Case File—Contains one foil promo card and one foil oversize card featuring Charizard-GX, four Detective Pikachu booster packs, and two additional Pokémon TCG booster packs.
- Pokémon TCG: Detective Pikachu Greninja-GX Case File—Contains one foil promo card and one foil oversize card featuring Greninja-GX, one pin featuring Greninja, five Detective Pikachu booster packs, and two additional Pokémon TCG booster packs.
- Pokémon TCG: Detective Pikachu Collector Chest—Contains seven Detective Pikachu booster packs, two additional Pokémon TCG booster packs, one collector’s pin inspired by Detective Pikachu, and one Pokémon notepad and sticker sheet, all in a sturdy metal case.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- GoodReader Price Reduced for Back-to-School - August 24, 2019
- Rondure, a macOS native app for managing VMware vSphere, enters beta - August 24, 2019
- Merge SX 1.1.1 is now available in the Mac App Store - August 24, 2019