Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated, is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Penny Arcade founders Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik penned the latest campaign for the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms (and beyond), starring Acquisitions Incorporated characters Omin Dran, Jim Darkmagic and Walnut Dankgrass (voiced by Holkins, Krahulik and Amy Falcone, respectively). An all-new campaign offers players the opportunity to join the famed adventuring company on their latest journey from green intern to becoming a full-fledged member.
Watch the trailer for Neverwinter: The Heart of Fire here: https://youtu.be/jxMB9k3oQqA
The Heart of Fire’s content is available beginning at level 15, with missions of acquisition included throughout the leveling experience. Acquisitions Incorporated’s signature brand of humor permeates this module, which challenges adventurers to seek out the titular Heart of Fire, a relic from Dungeons & Dragons’ past, in a wild campaign. Omin and Jim assign dangerous tasks (for minimal pay, of course) including infiltrating a Beholder convention in a tank disguise, fulfilling the wishes of a mountain-sized giant from the deck of the company airship, and thwarting a heist at the Manycoins Bank in an all-new endgame skirmish.
Acquisitions Incorporated’s new residence inside Protector’s Enclave allows adventurers to own a workshop as a base of operations for the overhauled Professions system. Other updates in this module include class balancing, dungeon chests and loot experience improvements. Find details about these updates to Neverwinter below:
- The Heart of Fire Storyline - The minds behind the popular Penny Arcade games and gaming culture webcomic lend their wit to the latest Acquisitions Incorporated storyline. Become a member of the infamous company of adventurers and engage in questionable activities alongside Omin Dran (Jerry Holkins), Jim Darkmagic (Mike Krahulik) and Walnut Dankgrass (Amy Falcone).
- New Campaign: Acquisitions, Incorporated - It’s not all dressing up as 11-eyed monsters and coasting through the brisk skies on the company airship. The newest campaign levels up with the player and puts an emphasis on acquiring items including new boons and access to the new endgame Skirmish.
- New Skirmish: Manycoins Bank Heist - Beyond the internship stage of their tenure with Acquisitions Incorporated, players will be given the opportunity - nay, the duty - to defend the Manycoins Bank vault from Zhentarim intruders seeking riches of the realm. Surely, there is good pay in protecting the Protector’s payload.
- Professions Overhaul - The Seven Suns Coster Market acknowledges certain adventurers’ acuity to the economic arts - and now beginning at level 20, players may now own a workshop, hire artisans to gather resources and craft items in the reworked, more personalized Professions system.
- Salvage and Dungeon End Chest Changes - Astral Diamonds given as rewards has changed! Earn the coveted currency directly through dungeon delves as well as completing content. Dungeon Chest Keys will no longer be required to open chests and have been converted into tokens for free end-of-dungeon rerolling. This may also be done with Astral Diamonds. Finally, the Salvage feature has been phased out with this update.
- Class Balance Updates - In a continued effort to ensure the game is fun for everyone and each class is viable, a wide variety of changes have been made to class powers and general balance. Check the official Neverwinter blog for patch notes and more details.
- Loot Experience Improvements - Much of the loot gathered throughout the Forgotten Realms is now automatically added to a player’s inventory when they are in close proximity. Need/Greed rolls still pop up as needed. Fewer treasure (vendor loot) items drop and other less-desired loot no longer drops. Check The Heart of Fire’s patch notes for even more detailed information.
For more information on The Heart of Fire update and to begin your adventure for free, visit: http://www.playneverwinter.com.
Sharing this news on Twitter? Please tag @NeverwinterGame.
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- MTG ArenaFridayGame of the Dayjust looking for a win - February 21, 2020
- 7 days until the end of its Kickstarter and Rustler has long since achieved its goal. Help medieval GTA reach another stretch goal! - February 21, 2020
- Spaceland is live now on Xbox One and PS4! - February 21, 2020