winner for best trade of 2018 is… chocolate Looking back on a tumultuous year where the majority of asset classes were deep in the red, cocoa futures turned out to be one sweet spot.
In fact, a look at the top year-to-date performers among major futures markets reveals that cocoa has returned a whopping 28 percent this year. (This was lower only than complicated bets in volatility futures, which gain in value along with the CBOE Volatility Index. Volatility is not a pure asset class like a commodity or other security.)
best trade of 2018
While the stock market and other risk assets were battered this year on fears of slowing global growth and trade battles, cocoa prices enjoyed a surge because of short … (full story)
- Cocoa futures returned a whopping 28 percent in 2018.
- Prices are boosted by the short supply as the dry weather in top producers such as Ivory Coast hurt cocoa production.
- The higher cost of cocoa has put pressure on candy companies this year.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Monster Jam Steel Titans – Release date and preorder launch - February 23, 2019
- Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn Demo Version Nintendo 3DS - February 23, 2019
- The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame Nintendo Switch - February 23, 2019