5 BEST MUST PLAY INDIE GAMES OF 2018 Dragonward, Slipstream, RYM 9000, Rival Megagun, and Wonder Wickets are well worth the time of any gamer.
- #5 Dragonward The hunt to slay the dragon is as old as time, but Biterkid makes things interesting with his roguelike Dragonward. The quest isn’t easy, as both fatigue and enemy threats lie around every corner. Moving at a quick pace
- #4 RYM 9000 Aesthetics can go a long way. Sonoshee knocks it out of the park right from the
get gowith their shmup RYM 9000 with its stylish opening, rocking soundtrack, and vibe that would be right at home in a high profile cyberpunk anime.
- #3 Slipstream Arcade racers are a dying breed in this day and age, taking a backseat to more sim-based titles.
Ansdorpays tribute to Outrun’s style with Slipstream, building on the time-tested formula to make something even better. The emphasis on both slipstreams and drifting makes the already fast pace that much faster, and the tributes to classic
- #2 Rival Megagun Your garden variety shmup typically has players fighting either solo or co-op, but Degica Games and Spacewave Software turned the genre on its head with the release of Rival Megagun. With PVP being the main focus, surviving an onslaught of enemies becomes that much more challenging when enemy fire,
- #1 Wonder Wickets Outside of Mario Golf and Everybody’s Golf, your typical golf game tends to be a little dry. However, that is most certainly not the case in
RightstickStudios and ANIM•ACE’s Wonder Wickets. Fire, ice, rocket ships, bounce pads, and a host of cutesy critters have made their way to this space-themed title, giving it a personality all its own.
About INDIE GAMES
An independent video game, or an indie game, is a video game that is often created without the financial support of a publisher, although some games funded by a publisher are still considered "indie". Indie games often focus on innovation and rely on digital distribution. Indie gaming saw a rise in mainstream popularity in the latter half of the 2000s, primarily due to new online distribution methods and development tools.