fandomfare latest linux distribution uppdate news
This is primarily a point-release upgrade of antiX-17.2 (Helen Keller) with a newer L1TF/Foreshadow and Meltdown/Spectre patched kernel, a few bugfixes, updated translations and some upgraded and new packages.
The major change is that we now offer options for LUKS encrypted root, home, and swap partition at installation.
antiX-full (c1GB) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus full libreoffice suite.
antiX-base (c680MB so fits on a cd) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.
antiX-core (c330MB) – no X, but should support most wireless.
antiX-net (c170MB)- no X. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build.
The 32 bit version uses a non-pae kernel.
So what has changed since antiX-17.2 release?
* new 4.9.146 kernel patched for L1TF/Foreshadow and Meltdown/Spectre exploits
* all packages upgraded to Debian 9.6
* LUKS encryption options on gui installer (not yet available on the cli-installer)
* firefox-esr upgraded to 60.4 (Quantum)
* Removal of pulseaudio and pavaucontrol
* newsboat replaces newsbeuter
* improved localization of applications
* A few more languages were added to the F2 live boot menu
- House Flipper – virtual renovations soon to take place on Nintendo Switch - June 5, 2020
- MTG Arena FNM At Home Jadiri gamer - June 5, 2020
- Knight Squad, the 8-player Medieval Rumble, is Now on the Nintendo Switch! - June 5, 2020