OpenMandriva Lx 4.0 major release Alpha1.Big changes happened, such as we switched to RPMv4, and dnf as software package manager. We have had massive updates in the core system, and rebuilt everything with clang 7.0, giving you a significant speed increase.
OMLx 4.0 now includes complete ports to aarch64 and armv7hnl platforms and has started a port to RISC-V. We have also built a version specifically for current AMD processors (Ryzen, ThreadRipper, EPYC) that outperforms the generic version by taking advantage of new features in those processors.
Linux Distribution OpenMandriva Lx 4.0 Alpha
aarch64 builds are currently available for Raspberry Pi and DragonBoard 410c - given the hardware is not very widespread in our QA team, we are specifically looking for people to help test (and ideally fix bugs in) those versions.
We would also be interested in hearing what other aarch64 and armv7hnl devices you would like to see supported.
The RISC-V port is still in early stages and will not be released as part of 4.0.
Main features you will find in this Alpha1:
- KDE Plasma 5.14.4, KDE Frameworks 5.53.0 and KDE Applications 18.11.90 (18.11.90 packages are 18.12 RC1)
- LibreOffice Suite 6.1.3
- Firefox Quantum 63.0.3
- Krita 126.96.36.199
- Calamares installer 3.2.2
- Latest stable kernel 4.19.8
- Qt Framework 5.11.2
- Systemd 239
- Xorg 1.20.3 and Mesa 18.3.1
- LLVM/clang 7.0.0
Testing is a critical step during development as all bug fixing will take place during this lapse of time. Therefore we exhort all OpenMandriva users to test our system and report any issue you may find at
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Maneater and Chivalry 2 Bringing Big Battles by Land and Sea to PAX EAST 2020 - February 22, 2020
- SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES LINEUP AND EVENTS FOR PAX EAST 2020 - February 22, 2020
- Mutazione publisher brings 2 indie games to PAX East - February 22, 2020