Peppermint 9 Respin, the latest iteration of our operating system. Still based on the 18.04 LTS (long term support) code base, Peppermint 9 Respin still comes in both 64bit and 32bit flavours so older hardware is still supported. We hope you enjoy using it half as much as we enjoyed creating it.
Peppermint 9 Respin Highlights:-
- Swapped VLC for Xplayer (we’ve had reports that VLC has been getting a little ‘flaky’ for some users over their last few releases).
- Removed the Linux Mint ‘Levels’ from mintupdate (in line with our update policy, not Linux Mints).
- Fixed the ICE applications ‘Where in the menu ?’ category names, so they now match the Xfce whiskermenu categories (ie. ‘Sound & Video’ renamed to ‘Multimedia’, and ‘System Tools’ renamed to ‘System’).
- Added ‘Accessibility Settings’ utility to the Peppermint Settings Panel ‘System’ Category.
- Added ‘Enable/Disable Neofetch’ utility to the Peppermint Settings Panel ‘Tweaks’ Category.
- Added ‘System Information’ utility to the Peppermint Settings Panel ‘System’ Category.
- Added a ‘Transparent’ wallpaper (so users can now set solid colour backgrounds via the ‘Wallpapers’ utility).
- Added back (by popular request) the Peppermint 7 respin ‘Peppermint-Sunset’ wallpaper (as an option, not as the default wallpaper).
- Disabled ‘Switch windows using the mouse wheel’ in the ‘Window Buttons’ panel applet preferences out-of-the-box (it can easily be re-enabled should you want it, but it could be awkward for touchpad users).
- Disabled ‘Show frame’ in the ‘Notification Area’ (system tray) panel applet preferences.
- Additional wireless drivers out-of-the-box.
- Added ‘build-essential’, ‘rename’, ‘printer-driver-cups-pdf’, ‘cups-browsed’, ‘pmount’, and ‘ntp’ packages.
- Added support for mounting LUKS encrypted volumes (libblockdev-crypto2).
- Added wacom tablet/touchscreen support (xserver-xorg-input-wacom).
- Changed chess game SSB to ‘Better Than Chess’.
- Squashed a few minor backend bugs.
- All updates to date (including the latest versions of mintinstall 4.6.7, Kernel 4.15.0-43, and Firefox 64.0)
As with previous releases we invite you to compare Peppermint to other operating systems, we are confident you will be impressed. To take the Peppermint 9 Respin out for a test drive, please visit our website at peppermintos.com where you can download it for free. If you need help installing the Peppermint 9 Respin, or have any questions about using it, we have a second-to-none user support team at forum.peppermintos.com please drop in even if only for a chat with friendly like-minded people .. hope to see you there.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Zorin OS 15 Beta Release - March 20, 2019
- Funcom announces Mutant Year Zero coming to Nintendo Switch this summer with DLC expansion and retail release - March 20, 2019
- 5 “Must Knows” for Monday, March 18th - March 20, 2019