Intel says it will be delivering Modern Windows Drivers today and these drivers can be installed on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or newer.
It’s worth noting that the new modern drivers will replace the current drivers, which are now termed as legacy.
There is no need to worry about anything as Intel and Microsoft have worked together to make this transition seamless. Intel version 22.214.171.12444 is the first WMD or UWD based drivers and it’s available for download via Intel’s website.
This new version of Intel Graphics Driver is based on UWD or WMD, and these drivers are not
- Performance improvements and optimizations for Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden*, Monster Hunter World* and Battlefield V* on 6th Generation Intel® Core processors or higher.
- Improved support for 4K/1080p HDR video playback in Chrome browser.
- Quality improvements in brightness and color when using HDR embedded panels.
- Performance Improvements in DX12 games and/or applications when running in Hybrid graphics systems
- Enable VESA Display ID 2.0 providing improved support for HDR and higher resolutions
- Enables HDR support on Daisy Chained Display Port Monitors
- Improved performance and image quality when Conservative Morphological Anti- Aliasing (CMAA) is enabled for Games and 3D applications.
- Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur in Battlefield V* (DX11), Call of Duty Black Ops IV*, Cinema4D*
- System may hang intermittently when resuming from sleep or hibernate mode while using Collage mode.
- Stability improvements in PowerDVD* Video Playback.
read the orignal pdf release here