Ubuntu Touch is the privacy and freedom respecting mobile operating system by UBports. Our newest update, OTA-6, is rolling out over the next five days (completing on Wednesday, December 12). You can skip to "How to get OTA-6" to get it now if you're impatient, or read on to learn more about this release.
OTA-6 brings a number of fixes and improvements to Ubuntu Touch. In this release, we primarily focused on bug fixes and stability improvements.
Half of the confirmed closed tickets for OTA-6 affected the Morph browser. This got to be so high, in fact, it swayed the decision to start the release process!
A number of high-visibility issues were fixed:
- Unable to restore previous session at startup
- No way to accept self-signed certificates
- Webapps cannot access local content on device
- ReCaptcha says "browser not supported"
- Media playback does not stop when a tab is closed
- Scrollbar theme does not match the system theme