The emotional Award-nominated title The First Tree is now available on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PS4. The short third-person exploration game is priced at $9.99 (€9.99 in Europe, ¥1000 in Japan).
The game follows the stories of two interconnected beings: one of a fox looking for her missing cubs, and another of a son reconnecting with his estranged father in Alaska. Players take control of the fox on a poignant and beautiful journey that crescendos at the source of life, and perhaps result in an understanding of death. Along the way, players can uncover artifacts and stories from the son's life as he becomes intertwined in the fox’s journey towards The First Tree.
Wehle enlisted the help of DO Games (https://do-games.com) to complete the ports. As a one-man team balancing a day job and raising two children, he was able to release on Steam over a year ago to positive reception which opened the door to console publishing. It was recently nominated for Best Game and Best Music at the 2018 Emotional Games
- A personal, intimate story by a one-man team with an ending you won't soon forget.
- Featuring a gorgeous soundtrack by acclaimed artists like Message to Bears, Lowercase Noises, and Josh Kramer.
- Includes new updated content like a developer commentary mode, new achievements, and additional secrets to uncover.
- A short, meditative game focused on story with some light puzzle solving, platforming, and no enemies.
- For further inquiries, feel free to contact the developer at [email protected]. Links to each console’s respective store page and a press kit can be found at the official website: http://www.thefirsttree.com
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- SAM’S STORY, THE SECOND MAJOR DLC EXPANSION FOR METRO EXODUS ARRIVES ON 11 FEBRUARY 2020 - January 27, 2020
- TEKKEN 7 & SOULCALIBUR VI News Round-Up from EVO Japan - January 27, 2020
- DUSKWOOD: New Episode Announced - January 27, 2020