Fair Weather Studios have officially announced that open BETA for their upcoming standalone expansion to the 2017 turn-based strategy Ancient Frontier, Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows will be available on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/979990/Ancient_Frontier_Steel_Shadows_BETA/) on November 24th beginning at 1 pm EST. Players that wish to join the Ancient Frontier community and access to special giveaway need only to join the official Discord (https://discord.gg/KqvH2gG) server.
Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows is set in the sci-fi universe of Frontier. Expanding on Ancient Frontier players will build their pirate space fleet and hire a diverse crew of their choosing to become the most feared pirate in all of the 12 systems.
Steel Shadows features tactical turn-based combat with RPG progression set to a fully voiced story. Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows includes the Random Event and Crew Free
Players wanting to start their career as a space pirate can download the beta on Steam on November 24th, players can also wishlist the full game on Steam
(https://store.steampowered.com/app/734730/Ancient_Frontier_Steel_Shadows/) now. Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows will be landing on December 11th.
Official Site (http://www.fairweatherstudios.com/ancient-frontier.html)
Steam Page (https://store.steampowered.com/app/734730/Ancient_Frontier_Steel_Shadows/)
Download Press Kit (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IgdDIJQj0Jzv4xSi-qInAGnBXfly5AFX)
About Ancient Frontier
- A full campaign with over 20 story missions
- Over 50 procedurally generated side missions
- Dynamic initiative-based turn-based combat
- Purchase, outfit, and control the unique pirate faction ships
- Hire and assign crew members that gain experience and power along with your ships
- Hire unique mercenaries and ships to add to your fleet
- Experience over 50 random events
- Customize your play style by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree
- Large, detailed maps to fight across space
- Three different strategic resources to manage
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control
- Includes both free DLCs; Ancient Frontier - The Crew and Ancient Frontier - Quests and Events