Asia's biggest gaming cum media & digital entertainment content Expo, ‘IndiaJoy 2018’ will make its debut at HICC and HITEX in Hyderabad. The 5-day event supported by Government of Telangana and facilitated by Telangana VFX, Animation & Gaming Association (TVAGA) is divided into B2B area for business, B2C for gamers during December 2nd - 6th.
‘IndiaJoy’ aim is to become the leading media and digital entertainment convergence of influential minds. For the first time ever, under one platform, the event will see the convergence of India Game Developers Conference, Unite India (Unity), Indywood (Film & VFX), Indian Games Expo (IGX), ASIFA CG Meetups, Animation Express, Playmax eSports, Google Developers Day, Association of Designers of India (ADI) including a number of interesting and exciting activities.
Jayesh Ranjan, Principal Secretary, Information Technology Electronics & Communications, Government of Telangana in his address to the media on Tuesday said “IndiaJoy 2018 bring significant value to the industry, largely comprising Animation, Gaming, VFX, AR / VR Content developers and Investors. We commit to support and help to showcase the event on a global scale. Our goal is to make this event as an annual affair and make IndiaJoy as the go-to trade expo for the finest of minds from the global AVGC (Animation, VFX, Gaming and Comic) industry. This event will be a 360-degree Talent-Entertainment-Networking (TEN) experience.”
“We are pleased to associate and provide support to IndiaJoy 2018”, Rajeev Chilaka President TVAGA & Founder, GreenGold Animation said. “The state government actively encourages its domestic game industry to go global. IndiaJoy 2018 will unfold tremendous benefits and opportunities for Investors, Corporations, Studios, Content Developers, Delegates, Consumers, Hardware manufacturers and students, through its well-conceived series of Networking, Trade Exhibitions, Product Launches, B2B and B2C events.”
According to Sridhar Muppidi, Vice President, TVAGA & Founder, PurpleTalk, “The media and entertainment segment is growing rapidly, and there is mounting interest among entrepreneurs, academia and professionals about its prospects. With an event of “IndiaJoy” scale, this is bound to grow bigger and Hyderabad will surely make its mark internationally as a trade destination for media and digital entertainment.”
“It is a delight to share with you, in the debut year, IndiaJoy 2018 expo is attracting wide participation from industry leading names. Spread across several square meters, the event will host 15+ events, 25000 delegates, 300 exhibitors, 500 speakers from 30 countries.” Madhav Reddy Yatham (Mike), Secretary TVAGA & Founder, Rotomaker.
Ravi Kiran, Lead Organiser, IndiaJoy & CEO, GoLive Games said, “IndiaJoy is an aggregator platform, bringing together this prestigious International event in one place to open up opportunities for AVGC (Animation, VFX, Gaming and Comic) industry. It is an exciting moment for the industry.”
The Gaming, Animation Digital Media and Entertainment week will kick off with Asifa CG Meet up on 2nd December. A series of daylong events on 3rd, 4th, 5thand 6th December, featuring Google Day (Indie Game Developers Day, Animation Express-Investor Connect are other highlights of the event.
This event showcases Unite, Virtual Augmented Mixed Reality, Indywood, and Indian Gaming Expo. Every day, the evening will culminate with Hyderabad Music Festival. An e-sports carnival in association with Playmax is another attraction with a range of PC games, Console games to indulge.
So, what do the keynote speakers, celebrity guests, and attendees expect to see at this year’s event during December 2nd to 6th, 2018. Here are the key Highlights of India Joy 2018:
- India Game Developer Conference - IGDC: India's premier Game Developers Conference IGDC imparts insights, skills, global trends and making it to be the most significant event of this kind in South Asia.
- Unite India: Unity Inc will bring together creative, interactive learning and a chance to connect with experts and get a glimpse of the future.
- AnimationXpress-Investor Connect will bring together animation, VFX and gaming stakeholders on one platform with conferences and screenings.
- ASIFA CG Meetups will celebrate the art of animation and gives artists the opportunity to network globally.
- Indian Games Expo-IGX will combine the fastest growing Online Gaming entertainment industry which is one of the world’s most rapidly expanding consumer markets.
- Indywood: The confluence of world cinema and brings together passion and aspiration enabling enthusiasts to meet connect and showcase.
- PlaymaxESports Carnival: The biggest gaming Carnival in India with games like PUBG, WWE, FIFA, LoL, DoTA, Counter-Strike.
- INTRUDERS WELCOME: Comanche gets free multiplayer beta weekend / Early Access in March - February 27, 2020
- Black Desert Online turns four years old next week, will celebrate with content updates, promotions and events. - February 27, 2020
- Beware Boston, THQ Nordic is coming to town! Meet us at PAX East! - February 27, 2020