Developer Auroch Digital and publisher Ripstone Games today announced that its Weird World War game Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is now available in Europe on PlayStation 4, with the Xbox One release on November 23rd, priced at €24.99/£19.99. A special 25% launch discount is available for PlayStation Plus owners in Europe. A Nintendo Switch release will follow.Check out the launch trailer: https://youtu.be/n4snJv1HSWE
Having launched on Steam in October, Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is the video game adaptation of the hugely popular tabletop RPG from Modiphius Entertainment. In this occult turn-based strategy game, players are up against a rogues’ gallery of Lovecraftian beings controlled by the Nazis and have to use cunning military tactics, along with some nifty supernatural powers, to save the world. Set in an alternate history of World War II; the Nazis’ investigations into the occult have resulted in the summoning of Lovecraftian monsters. Only Charlie Company, an elite band of allied forces, have a chance of accomplishing the impossible; foiling the Nazi plans to turn the tide of war.
Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics utilizes a mix of turn-based strategy and RPG mechanics as players embark on a harrowing campaign against the forces of evil. Each hero character features their own backstory, weapon specialisations and combat abilities to give players an edge in the battlefield.
Captain Eric “Badger” Harris is a British Intelligence operative who specializes in experimental weaponry and guerrilla warfare; Ariane Dubois is a French Resistance member who’s bonded with a demonic spirit creature that she can command on the battlefield; Corporal Akhee “The Eye” Singh wields a sentient amulet that can transform him into a whirling cloud of blades; and Sergeant Brandon Carter is a loud-mouthed American soldier with a medallion that imbues his signature Thompson submachine gun, with mythos-fuelled bullets that can tear through the Nazi’s horrifying creations.
“We’re so happy that Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics has launched on PS4 and Xbox One,” said Nina Collins, Producer at Auroch Digital. “We are extremely pleased with the console releases, we made sure to build them to feel great with a controller, we hope players enjoy their time in the incredible world of Achtung! Cthulhu.”
Watch the Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics developer walkthrough here: https://youtu.be/DJu_kOWFBqE
- Tactical Combat: direct a squad of allied heroes in innovative turn-based ground battles.
- Momentum System: perform well in combat by racking up kills and executing critical hits to earn Momentum and turn the tide of battle in your favour.
- Light vs Dark: harness the power of the light to expose and suppress the spawn of Cthulhu hiding in wait in the oppressive darkness.
- AP System: every decision is important and the Action Point System gives you the flexibility to put as much emphasis into heavy combat or nimble movement as you like.
- Psychological System: witness too many horrors of war and watch as your unit's sanity begins to unravel mid-fight.
- Build Your Team: characters have unique skills that can be unlocked and levelled up in different ways, and weapons can be modified to give a variety of benefits. This lets you customize your squad to better vanquish Nazi scum.
- Weird World War: explore the Lovecraft-meets-WW2 universe of Achtung! Cthulhu like never before with Mythos-inspired enemies and a story-driven campaign handcrafted by John Houlihan which ties directly into the pen and paper roleplaying game narrative.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- MTG ArenaGame of the day” Out For Blood” Saturday Main Event - November 16, 2019
- MTG Arena Hero Card of the Day “Vindictive Vampire”Saturday Main Event - November 16, 2019
- MTG Arena Deck of the day “Out for Blood” Saturday Main Event - November 16, 2019