RollerCoaster Tycoon® Adventures will be available for Nintendo Switch in select European territories on November 29,
“This announcement illustrates our strategy,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “It highlights our overall corporate plan - first our ability to produce high-quality games, second to outsource some segments of the value chain to key industry players, and lastly, it keeps us on track to reach our objective of profitable growth for the current financial year."
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is the latest entry in one of the best-selling and most cherished franchises in PC gaming history. RollerCoaster Tycoon was created by legendary game developer Chris Sawyer and first released on Windows PC in 1999. The series quickly became a fan favorite for gamers.
Key Features include:
- Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes - Adventure, Scenario, and Sandbox
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A first for the RollerCoaster Tycoonseries, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a compelling new Tycoon story
- Customize and Personalize Your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller coasters, shops, and restaurants. Transform your park by adding a pre-made path, foliage, and river tiles. Build your incredible parks in one of four distinctive locations — Alpine, Moon, Canyon, and Tropics!
- Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park — Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator
- Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry into the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise and a perfect fit for Nintendo Switch
- Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants, and shops for your park — from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop — all featuring advanced shaders and effects
- Gameplay Flexibility: Use either Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ controllers or touchscreen controls to play the way you want. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures runs at 1080p when in TV mode and 720p in handheld mode