New live/install iso images of SparkyLinux 4.9 “Tyche” are available to download.
Sparky 4 is based on Debian stable line “Stretch” and built around the Openbox window manager.
Sparky 4.9 offers a fully featured operating system with a lightweight LXDE desktop environment; and minimal images of MinimalGUI (Openbox) and MinimalCLI (text mode) which lets you install the base system with a desktop of your choice with a minimal set of applications, via the Sparky Advanced Installer.
Sparky 4.9 armhf offers a fully featured operating system for single board mini computers RaspberryPi; with the Openbox window manager as default; and a minimal, text mode CLI image to customize it as you like.
Additionally, Sparky 4.9 is offered as a special edition with the code name “100” as well. This is a very special edition, commemorating the 100 anniversary of Poland’s independence. A purpose of it is a memorable stuff which provides some informations about Polish history to users of all the world.
New iso images features security updates and small improvements, such as:
– full system upgrade from Debian stable repos as of November 8, 2018
– Linux kernel 4.9.110 (PC)
– Linux kernel 4.14.71 (ARM)
– added key bindings of configuration of monitor brightness (Openbox)
– added key bindings of configuration of system sound (Openbox & LXDE)
– added cron configuration to APTus Upgrade Checker
– xfce4-power-manager for power management
– sparky-libinput for tap to click configuration for touchpads
– xfce4-notifyd for desktop notifications
– ‘sparky-artwork-nature’ package features 10 more new nature wallpapers of Poland
Changes in the „100” special edition:
– added „sparky100” theme pack, which provides a special background to: desktop, Lightdm login manager, GRUB/ISOLINUX boot manager and Plymouth
– added a sub-menu called „100”, separated in English and Polish, which provides menu entries to Wikipedia, to let you find out about Polish National Independence Day and others, important informations from Polish history as well.
There is no need to reinstall existing Sparky installations of 4.x line, simply make full system upgrade.
root password is empty
root password: toor
New iso/zip images of the stable edition can be downloaded from the download/stable page.
- House Flipper – virtual renovations soon to take place on Nintendo Switch - June 5, 2020
- MTG Arena FNM At Home Jadiri gamer - June 5, 2020
- Knight Squad, the 8-player Medieval Rumble, is Now on the Nintendo Switch! - June 5, 2020