What’s New at BlizzCon 2018
STARCRAFT II is an action-packed and critically acclaimed real-time strategy game, widely recognized for its influence on the genre and its impact on the global esports scene. Since its inaugural 2012 season, the StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS) has drawn audiences of millions to watch top pros like Cho “Maru” Seong Ju and Joona "Serral" Sotala compete for global
NEW CO-OP COMMANDER: ZERATUL
- The Dark Prelate Returns – The renowned psionic warrior and assassin Zeratul has witnessed darkness like no other being in the galaxy. Though he’s haunted by demons, the Dark Prelate is honorable and loyal to a fault. Armed with his lethal warp blade and ability to cloak, Zeratul returns as a Co-op Commander to control the battlefield from the shadows.
- Harness Xel’Naga Technology – As a follower of the xel’naga, Zeratul is able to wield their ancient, powerful technology to make himself and his xel’naga-based army stronger, while also granting his units new, exotic abilities. Always aiming for quality over quantity, he leads his followers—a small group of elite protoss warriors—into battle.
- The Xenoarchaeologist – As a Co-op Commander, Zeratul uses his Prophecy Vision to uncover powerful hidden xel’naga artifacts on the map. Each artifact Zeratul uncovers upgrades him in various ways:
- A choice of three new top bar abilities
- Upgrades the Legendary Legion top bar ability, allowing Zeratul to call in units from other protoss factions
- Upgrades units and structures with new abilities, as well as weapon, armor, and shield upgrades
- Boost Zeratul's stats
- Choose Your Avatar – After finding all the hidden xel’naga artifacts, Zeratul is granted the privilege to control one of two Ultimate Xel’Naga Constructs, each embodying one of the pinnacles of xel’naga ideology: Purity of Form and Purity of Essence.
- Avatar of Form – The embodiment of psionic potential, this construct overwhelms enemies with vast psionic power and overcharged abilities.
- Avatar of Essence – The embodiment of evolutionary potential, this construct grants the power to accelerate—or reverse—the evolution of the units around the construct. Nearby friendly units benefit by continuously evolving, getting more powerful over time. Enemy units fare far worse, as the player can transform all enemy units in a large area around the Avatar into a lower evolutionary form, weakening them significantly.
WAR CHEST COMES TO TWITCH
Watch StarCraft II on Twitch to Support Esports in 2019
War Chest, StarCraft II’s seasonal program that gives players a way to unlock an arsenal of in-game extras while supporting StarCraft II esports, is back with all-new rewards with War Chest 4! Additionally, for the first-time ever, War Chest will integrate directly with social video service Twitch to reward players for watching StarCraft II on the platform. Players who watch participating StarCraft II streams on Twitch during War Chest 4 will earn XP towards unlocking rewards, just as they do for playing the game.
War Chest 4 rewards are themed after Terran Special Forces, Simulant Zerg, and Forged Protoss, and they include in-game player portraits, sprays, emoticons, banners, and—for the first time—building skins.
Players can purchase access to War Chest 4 for $9.99 (USD) per race or $24.99 (USD) for all three races. 25% of the proceeds will fund 2019 StarCraft esports.War Chest 4 kicks off December 18, so stay tuned for more details!
War Chest 3 increased the prize pool for the 2018 WCS Global Finals at BlizzCon by $200,000, bringing the total prize pool to $700,000—tied with the highest prize pool ever for a StarCraft II esports event.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\