Upgrades and changes
- Hide the PIM option when unlocking VeraCrypt volumes because PIM won't be supported until Tails 4.0. (#16031)
- Rename the buttons in the confirmation dialog of Tails Installer to Install (or Upgrade) and Cancel to be less confusing. (#11501)
- Update Linux to 4.8.
- Update Tor Browser to 8.0.3.
- Update Thunderbird to 60.2.1.
- Prevent Tor Browser from leaking the language of the session. (#16029)
- Prevent Additional Software from asking to persist packages which are already configured as additional software. (#15983)
- Prevent Tails Installer from crashing when issuing an error message with international characters (non-ASCII). (#15166)
- Fix the VeraCrypt support for multiple encryption (cascades of ciphers). (#15967)
- Harden the configuration of
sudoto prevent privilege escalation. (#15829)
For more details, read our changelog.
None specific to this release.
See the list of long-standing issues.