an extra version of RaspEX LXDE. RaspEX Build 181022 uses a 64 bitkernel – 4.14.76-v8+. You can very easy switch back to the original 32 bit kernel (4.14.74-v7+) if you don’t find the 64 bit kernel useful. Since the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and B+ only have 1GB RAM it’s perhaps useless to run a 64 bit kernel, but who knows…
First things to do after installing RaspEX Build 181022
1. You won’t be automatically logged in to LXDE because the system is “full” (100 %). Log in to LXDE from Slim’s login page as root with password root.
2. Start up a terminal and run the command sh resize_rootfs.sh. Before that you can’t do anything because the system is full as this screenshot shows. After that all the space on the SD card will be used. Everything will be alright then.
3. Run the command sudo dphys-swapfile setup
A SWAP file of 2 GB will be created. Then run the command dphys-swapfile swapon. Very useful if you want to run many programs at the same time.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Trident 18.12-RELEASE AVAILABLE - January 16, 2019
- Wednesday Jadiri Gamer Today goal is 20 red or green spells - January 16, 2019
- ARCOLINUX -D -B 19.1 - January 16, 2019