This first release candidate of GhostBSD 18.10 is the first official release of GhostBSD with TrueOS under the hood. The official desktop of GhostBSD is MATE, in the future there might be some community release like XFCE, but for there is no community release yet.
What has changed since 11.1
- GhostBSD is now built from TrueOS instead of FreeBSD
- OpenRC is our main init system
- LibreSSL is in base
- GhostBSD base system can now be upgraded to the next release via TrueOS packages base.
- We removed grub from the iso in favor of the new freebsd hybrid loader.
- NetworkMgr now supports the option to manage multiple network card connection.
- Unionfs was removed from the live session.
- The live system has been rewritten to fix many issues
- GhostBSD boots directly to mate session
- GhostBSD supports ZFS BE by default
- FreeBSD ports and packages are incompatible with GhostBSD 18.10
- GhostBSD uses TrueOS ports to build packages.
Issues that got fixed
- VirtualBox's Firefox scroll up issue
- Slim login failing on the live CD
All thanks to iXsystems, TrueOS, Joe Maloney, Kris Moore, Ken Moore, Martin Wilke, Neville Goddard, Vester “Vic” Thacker, Douglas Joachim, Alex Lyakhov, Yetkin Degirmenci and many more who helped to make the transition from FreeBSD to TrueOS smoother.
Time to find more issues
We encourage you to use our issue system at https://issues.ghostbsd.org/projects/ghostbsd/issues/new to report a bug.
Where to download:
All images checksum, hybrid ISO(DVD, USB) and torrent are available here:
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Security Guard could be employments lost to computerization - January 22, 2019
- an ideal opportunity to quit considering drones a cool toy - January 22, 2019
- Scany WiFi Scanner and Network Toolkit Goes on 50%-off Sale - January 22, 2019