Proxmox Server Solutions GmbH today released version 5.1 of its open-source email security platform Proxmox Mail Gateway. The Mail Gateway is a complete operating system based on Debian Stretch 9.5 with a 4.15 kernel. The anti-spam and anti-virus filtering solution functions like a full featured mail proxy deployed between the firewall and the internal mail server and protects organizations against spam, viruses, Trojans, and phishing emails.
Proxmox Mail Gateway 5.1 comes with Debian security updates, new features, bug fixes, and GUI improvements:
- The new Transport Layer Security (TLS) policy provides certificate-based authentication and encrypted sessions. Users can now set a different TLS policy per destination domain, in case they need to prevent e-mail delivery without encryption, or to work around a broken STARTTLS ESMTP implementation. Configuration of the TLS policy can be done via GUI. TLS is also possible on internal SMTP port/traffic.
- The updated user management now allows a new help desk role enabling help desk staff to access the quarantine.
- Proxmox Mail Gateway 5.1 supports SMTPUTF8. This will fix the problem with some non delivered Google mails.
- Smarthost ports: Editing and showing smarthost port is possible.
- On the web-based user interface, the Proxmox developers improved the “Spam Quarantine” section adding keyboard shortcuts (for ‘Whitelist’, ‘Blacklist’, ‘Deliver’, and ‘Delete’), allowing contextual menus with right click, and enabling multiselection of emails.
- Graphs and reports on the GUI have been optimized in Proxmox Mail Gateway 5.1.
Proxmox Mail Gateway is released under the GNU Affero GPL, v3 and is available as a bare-metal ISO install with an installation wizard that automatically installs and configures all necessary components on the host eliminating manual installation configuration. The ISO install contains the full feature-set and can be downloaded at https://www.proxmox.com.
For enterprise users the company Proxmox offers a subscription-based support model with access to the stable enterprise repository and to technical support. Subscription pricing starts at EUR 99 per host and year for unlimited users. A subscription provides access to the enterprise package repository with regular updates via the web-based user interface, and is recommended for production use.
Users of the Proxmox Mail Gateway 4.x can backup/restore the rule database and email statistic from 4 to 5.1. An inplace-upgrade from Proxmox Mail Gateway 4 to 5.1 is not possible.
- Forum announcement: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-mail-gateway-5-1-available.47798/
- Download: https://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads