Deep Sky Derelicts features turn-based combat with a card system that makes every encounter strategically unique. The game’s retro sci-fi setting is enriched with roguelike elements, while the comic book-inspired art style creates a gritty world with a hand-drawn and inked feel. The launch build includes many new features including the legendary final “Mothership” derelict that completes Campaign mode, additional story features, overall polishing, Steam achievements, and more.
“Deep Sky Derelicts takes roguelike combat to a new level with the introduction of collectible card game elements and random draws that make every battle a unique experience,” said Nikolay Baryshnikov, VP of 1C Entertainment. “It’s a great addition to our 1C Entertainment portfolio, as Snowhound Games has created a fascinating retro-futuristic world that offers deep strategy and challenging surprises to keep players on their toes.”
Deep Sky Derelicts transports players to a grim dystopian future, where mankind has scattered across the galaxy and human society has split into two distinct classes. Players take on the role of a stateless outcast living off scraps from derelict alien stations and spaceships—while dreaming of discovering a fabled alien derelict ship that can provide a voucher for citizenship and a cozy life on a hospitable planet.
Players will build and control a squad of up to three mercenary characters and start exploring discovered derelict ships within reach of the scavenger base. As they search procedurally generated derelicts for loot and clues, players will encounter many friendly inhabitants and traders—but more often various adversaries. To survive, the player must defeat enemies in tactical turn-based fights where randomly-drawn cards offer an ever-changing arsenal of combat actions. As players proceed through
- Better Together: A compelling mix of turn-based RPG combat and card deck balancing
- Comic Book Sci-Fi Worlds: Experience a dystopian world with a hand-drawn and inked feel
- Every Battle Is Unique: Build the ultimate deck, but know that random card draws at the start of each battle will require fresh strategy to win
- Search, Scan, Salvage, and Survive: Explore derelict stations and ships by scanning ahead, searching for loot, and using strategy to win tough battles
- Build a Winning Team: Manage a squad of up to three mercenary allies with stat customization, ability tree-based upgrades, and upgradeable gear
- Two Game Modes: Play through the story-based Campaign or jump into Arena battles
- Updated Launch Features: New endgame story elements; overall polish and UI overhaul; Steam trading cards, badges, and achievements; updated audio; and final game balancing
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\